xxxviii

Everyone piled out of the cars in front of the Creel home

Everyone piled out of the cars in front of the Creel home. Everyone shared a look as they looked at the old home, clearly having been neglected over time by the environment around it. Boards covered the windows and doorways, boards which were nailed into the split and broken walls.

Andrea got out of the car and walked over to where the rest of the group stood, Steve following not too far behind her. Everyone's eyes fall upon the old and broken home of Victor and Virginia Creel.

It was no surprise for the state it was in. After all, the house had sat dormant for over thirty years. No one ever moved back in, no one ever touched it. Not after the murders after all.

No one spoke as they walked up the short amount of stairs that lead to the sideway leading up to the Creel home porch. Andrea made a face as her eyes scanned over the old building, it needed some serious remodeling after the years had taken its toll on it.

Robin looked back at Nancy while Steve took Andrea's hand. Everyone stood still for a moment as their eyes stayed trained on the home ahead.

"Yeah, that's not creepy," Steve made a face as he looked at Andrea and then at the others, giving a slight squeeze to her hand.

Everyone reached the front door of the home, seeing how much the door had been boarded up. Steve and Nancy went to grab hammers but Andrea took over as her eyes settled on the door, holding her hand up as she focused on the small vibrations around her.

The boards slowly began to move back to them, causing the entire group to move out of the way before Andrea threw her arm out to the side, sending the board and the nails into the yard ahead of them.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asked exasperated as he continued to hold the useless hammer, moving over as he wiped the blood from Andrea's lip once again.

Andrea made a face as she fiddled with the end of Steve's shirt that rested on her body, covering her shorts, "We're not sure," Nancy answered as she turned to look at Steve, "We just know this house is important to Vecna."

It seemed that no one had yet to connect the dots as to who Vecna was. Did they assume Andrea was some sort of half-human, half-demon being? Besides, if they did not know what they were looking for why did they even come. What was this going to do for them?

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve retorted while standing in outside for a few more moments.

"Basically," Nancy nodded her head before looking back at the door.

"Great," Steve sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is," Dustin spoke up as he shrugged his shoulders trying to shed some light on possibilities, "Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels."

"What if he was a Creel?" Andrea tried to drop clues, not wanting to outright say it, "Henry."

Everyone looked at one another before Nancy shook her head, "Henry's dead, remember? He died in the coma."