xlvi

Andrea could remember the first portal as if it were yesterday

Andrea could remember the first portal as if it were yesterday. Twelve-year-old Andrea had her back against the wall and a hand to her mouth as tears slipped down her cheeks. She had been so scared as the room began to glow red and weird slug-like things slithered back into the hole in the wall

And Eleven had sat there panting, until Papa had come in.

The lights turned back on once he had entered and he merely looked at Eleven who breathed heavily, covered in blood, as he continued to get mad at her. Andrea had just sat there. No one said anything to her.

That's what it seemed she always had done during sticky situations. She sat and stared and did not intervene unless she felt necessary. She followed what she was told until she got herself out of the Lab. Taking control of her life that she never actually had control of.

And look where that led her? To a group where only a mere handful of people paid attention to her. Where only a handful of people cared for what she had to say. And where only a handful of people listened to her when she spoke the truth, even if it was not what they wanted to hear. 

Andrea looked at Nancy who was stopped in her tracks. Her eyes moved back and forth in her head. Andrea looked at Steve who was trying to wake her. Andrea just stood in shock.

"Nancy? Nancy, just stay with me okay. Whatever you guys are doing, hurry up!" Steve yelled through the portal.

Andrea slowly walked over to the woman, placing a hand on Nancy's shoulders before Steve could stop her and entering Nancy's mind. Trying to figure out why Nancy was now in his hold when she was not a victim. 

"Andrea?! No! Don't - dammit!

Andrea could hear the sound of Steve's voice as Andrea appeared in the Lab. She could tell Nancy was freaked out as she began to run, running to a door that had been sealed shut. She tried to get it open. Pulling down blocks of wood.

"God!" Nancy freaked out as she looked back at Andrea in fear who shook her head softly.

"Don't let him see your fear," Andrea whispered as she walked over to the woman's side, "You aren't going to die."

Sadly.

"Nancy..." Vecna called out for the woman as the lights flickered with every step she took.

Andrea made a face as she looked at him, "Well... please tell me I won't grow to look like that," She tried to joke as she ran a hand through her hair.

"What are you doing?" Vecna then questioned, it seemed he pointed it at both women, "It's not time for you to leave, Nancy."

"And you are not supposed to be here," His voice came through her mind, but not like it did when he was Vecna, it was like Peter again.

Nancy gasped as she continued to tug against the door. Looking at Andrea as if trying to get her to help. For once she needed to listen to Andrea.