xxi

Andrea listened closely waiting for someone over the radio to speak

Andrea listened closely waiting for someone over the radio to speak. Though, there was nothing. It was radio silence that caused Andrea's heart to race. She looked over at the others before back at Steve and Robin who were focused on the monster that happened to be chasing them.

"Turn around, look at what you see," Andrea choked on air at the sound of her brother, Dustin Henderson, singing through the radio, "In her face, the mirror of her dreams"

Andrea could hear the roars of the monster as it chased after them. Robin looked between Andrea and Steve as every one of them looked confused as they looked around. Oh, he is not living this down if we survive.

"Make believe I'm everywhere," Now Suzie had joined in, "Given in the light. Written on the pages is the answer to a never ending story!" Andrea listened as they vocalized, "Reach the stars.. Fly a fantasy!"

"Dream a dream, and what you see will be! Rhymes that keep their secrets will."

Andrea began to wheeze at everyone's reactions. Steve held the radio with his free hand as he made a face, Andrea couldn't even tell you what the emotions were while everyone else shared a similar look. No one spoke, they just listened.

"Unfold behind the clouds!" Oh, Will looked traumatized, "And there upon a rainbow is! The answer to a never ending story!" They continued to vocalize, "Story!"

"Planck's constant is 6.62607004," And there was the answer that they needed.

It went silent for a moment. Dustin awaited confirmation that the answer was correct while everyone else was running from a monster. Well, unless you were Andrea and wheezing to the point no one knew if she was crying or just laughing or both.

Dustin chuckled through the radio before adding, "You just saved the world!"

"Gosh, I miss you, Dusty Bun," Suzie spoke after a sigh.

"And I miss you more, Suzie-poo," Dustin was head over heels for this girl.

"I miss you more, multiplied by all the stars in our galaxy," Suzie was not one for losing apparently.

"No I miss you-" Dustin was cut off by Erica, shutting down the radio.

Andrea finally got herself to stop wheezing. Her shirt was covered in her own tears while everyone stared at her as if she were a maniac.

"Are you okay?" Will turned around as he asked the question.

"Yeah," Andrea nodded as she jumped at the sound of the monster's shriek.

The monster had chased them away from the mall as they drove through the woods. The darkness settled over the group easily. It was pitch black. The only exception was straight ahead of the car, seeing as the headlights were still working.