xxv

Andrea had sat on her bed for an hour or two as one of her records played

Andrea had sat on her bed for an hour or two as one of her records played. Her foot tapped against her mattress as she fiddled with a piece of paper in her hand, folding it in various directions as she concentrated on folding it correctly.

Andrea had around an hour, give or take a few, before she needed to be back at the High School and ready to cheer for the game. The game that Andrea was debating on sabotaging out of spite for Jason Carver.

Andrea had pushed the events of earlier off, not wanting to think anything of them. They were merely... daydreams. Well, the nightmare version of a daydream. She shrugged it off deciding that it was simply a trick played by her mind because the past wanted to come back to her.

How wrong yet right she would be...

Andrea finished folding the paper ring and rose from her bed, walking to grab a piece of tape from her vanity before sitting back down on her mattress as she taped the two folds of the ring together before having a small smile.

"Annie!" Mrs. Henderson's voice caught her ears, "Lucas is here to see you!"

Lucas? Andrea was confused as to why Lucas was coming to see her but she shrugged it off. The two hadn't actually been around each other outside of school since the summer. Lucas started pulling away from everyone in High School, trying to rise to the charts.

"Send him back!" Andrea yelled as she pushed a few things under her bed before placing the paper ring on her nightstand.

Andrea sat staring at her door as she waited for Lucas to enter. Though, she heard him pause for a few moments before he turned her doorknob and entered after knocking. Andrea tilted her head as she stared at him.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for your basketball game?" Andrea questioned as her eyes narrowed, "I'm pretty sure the boys went out to eat."

"I wanted to talk to you," was Lucas' response as he stood awkwardly in her doorway.

Andrea sucked in a breath before sighing, "If it is about what I think it is then I don't want to talk about it. I just spooked myself."

"You spooked yourself? Andrea, since when do you spook yourself so bad that you use your abilities?" Lucas questioned as he walked further into the room before shutting the door behind him.

"Quiet," Andrea pointed a finger at him, "Be careful what you say."

"What's going on with you?" Lucas questioned as he shook his head, "Andrea everyone's noticed. There's something different about you."

"So what? I'm not allowed to change as a person?" Andrea crossed her arms as she stood up.

"You know that is not what I meant," Lucas gave Andrea a look.

Andrea had changed in the past three months more than anyone would've ever thought and no one knew what had sparked it.

Andrea had been more on edge of anything that walked. She barely slept due to the fact she'd wake up terrified and often someone would have to calm her down. It was like... it was like something was eating her up.