2009-

THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE

It was high energy, the feeling people had felt all throughout the 90's when attending shows. The angst, the teen spirit, the whatever was in the air. Whatever made Generation X feel like people. It was here.

As it had been with Oasis for years. Through the veins of Noel and Liam as well as everyone else who had rotated through their group. Except something was different.

From the years that had passed, a resentment had grown between the two brothers.

Both over something very different.

Either way, the kids were at home, tucked into bed and asleep, with nannies and family members, long after the show was over. Just to give the adults peace.

There were drugs and alcohol, the same things that would've tempted any of them before. Except they had kids at home, families. Everything.

It wasn't something worth getting drunk over.

It seemed silly.

So what if I'd played well, why should I drink?

This was the question thrown into the atmosphere, one that Liam and Avery had chosen to ponder carefully. Just like Noel.

Still. It was late. It was dark.

The occasional camera flash made its mark in the room.

In a world of camera phones and the internet, they were clueless. Still feeling left in the dark from the 90's.

Liam's mind was firmly set on the people he loved. The woman he loved. The mother to his child, and fantastic parent to his other children . Avery. His Birdie.

She held her lemonade glass loosely in her hand, mind floating between the question of whether Liam's mother had actually put the kids to bed, or if they were still awake, and all of the things she needed to do tomorrow.

Liam was thinking of all the ways he wanted to curse his brother out, yell at him, break his stupid glass of coke, or yell for all of these people to get out.

She looked perfect. As always. The way Avery looked was always great. She was his favorite person to look at and write for. She was his everything.

And he was hers.

That's how things were.

But of course. There was that fucking guitar. And the words Noel had said to him all those years ago, even if it had just been them, sitting alone on the sofa watching MTV.

It still rang through his ears, clear as day.

"Yeah. She's fucking hot. Can play too. Don't you think so Liam?"

They had been his insecurity for years. Sure. He had stolen his brothers crush, at first just to make him mad. But it grown into more than that, way more than that. And he was never going to tell her how it had started.

But it really had been him just trying to piss his brother off. Get back at him for sleeping with one of his regulars.

But he had grown attached to her, got the same attraction that Noel had felt. Except, he could sense it. Noel figured out how special she was, even before he had.