CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

I couldn't peel my eyes away from the stage, despite my whole being not wanting to be there watching Liam at the moment. The way he sang into his microphone, controlled the audience and what not, was fascinating to me. But right now? It was the last thing I wanted to see.

The American media was being even more exposed to Oasis and the Gallagher brothers now, which meant they'd soon connect the dots between me and him. I valued MY privacy and whatnot. I didn't want that ripped away from me. Ever again.

But I was not going to stick with someone if it meant that I was going to have to endure pressure from the media and argue with my partner about my friends/how I spend my time away from them. Which meant leaving, ending it all.

But I couldn't. I cared about Liam, as much as I wanted to hate him shove him off a balcony at times, or even drown myself in a fucking bathtub after listening to him, I didn't want to leave. So what if we fought? Called one another names?

I snap out of everything as I see the band has finished and he's walking towards me. Liam looking more like a rockstar then ever before, he seemed to be fitting in with the crowds here without a problem.

"Now that's what you call a real performance isn't it Birdie?" He asks, pulling me in and kissing my cheek as if we were sharing a joke. We weren't.

"Are you implying something?" I say, pulling out of the embrace.

"Just saying we've done better than everyone who's gone before." He smirks. Oh yeah. He knows what he's doing.

"If you're so good, you would've been nominated. But you haven't. So fuck off."

He looks confused by my anger "What crawled up your ass, actually, who?" He asks

I close my eyes for a moment, preparing to say something, but someone else has beaten me to it. "Hey! Nice Lennon costume Gallagher." It was Damon.

"If only you could perform as well as you look, babe." Courtney says. Courtney was here. I feel a grin creep up my face. Thank god I had friends. Thank god for Steve. He was an Angel in plain sight.

Only, it seems that Liam isn't alone either. As Noel has joined his side. "Oh look, it's the silver spoon gang, drug of choice?" He says, then wiping his nose as if mentioning coke, knowing all three of us had our "experiences" with it.

"And it's the ugly brother. What are you? Still jealous you couldn't get in her pants?" Courtney retorts

Liam snorts and there's a silence.

"Shut your mouth. Don't you have a kid to look after?"

Courtney narrows her eyes, stepping forward, neither Damon or I stop her. "I can actually hire a babysitter, do you need me to call one for you?"

"For who?" He dares.

There's no answer, as Courtney punches him in the gut before practically going to attack him, pouncing on him like a hyena. He manages to get the upper hand, grabbing a chunk of her hair and pushed her down on the ground. However, Courtney in all her glory, lifts her leg and kicks her heel straight into his balls.

From there, she jumps up, pushing him over onto the ground and he starts lurching for her again. "You psycho BITCH!" He yells aggressively, swinging at her. Noel misses Courtney and hits Liam instead.

"You moron! Could you aim any better?" He seethes.

"I don't see you doing anything!" Noel says, looking as his brother, which gives Courtney the advantage as she jumps onto his shoulders and starts fucking beating on him.