CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Going back under the covers meant one thing and one thing. Liam getting what he wants. Sex. I couldn't even count how many times over the past few days we had fucked, how many times I'd been high, or drunk, I could say how I felt.

I felt good.

Better than I did all those years in the USA, riding the coattails of whatever rocker decided I was worth their time. However, apparently I was becoming hostile towards anyone who wasn't Liam.

And Liam hostile to anyone who wasn't me.

Pulling myself out of his grip and exiting the bed, I ignore his protests asking me to come back to the bed. It was nearly 8:00 at this point. Jesus.

"Don't you have a thing today?" I ask, opening the bathroom door, starting to turn the tub on, setting the water to the level I preferred.

"Fuck that Birdie. It's dinner with my manager and label executives. What a shame they'll be missing Liam Gallagher and his lady." He sits up from the bed and stretches.

I don't bother shutting the door as I climb into the tub, sinking into the hot water, letting it relax my tense muscles.

"I think you should go. It's always good to impress the label."

"Eat shit doll. I don't want to eat dinner in some posh little restaurant with people I don't like." He complains, walking into the bathroom.

Rolling my eyes, I pull my knees close to me before ducking under into the water, ignoring the sound of Liam talking.

When I come back up, my hair clings to my back, wet and stringy. "Fine. But they'll probably want to discuss America and the VMAS as it's coming up..." I trail off, knowing it would catch his attention.

He turns away from the mirror, eyes stuck on me as I stand up, turning the shower on and go to wash my hair.

"You've got my attention now Avery. What about the VMAS?"

"What to expect, what to wear, the policies, who to talk to, who not to. Where you'll be. As disorganized as it is. They have rules." I say, tilting my head back, letting the suds wash out of my hair.

"I have you to tell me all this. Why should I need them?" Liam says, his eyes running over my body, leaning in and running a finger over the fresh hickey on my neck. "Don't you dare cover that one up..." he murmurs.

I laugh at his first comment. "WaitTime and Oasis are very different. This is your first time at the VMAS, I'm nominated 7 times. You're performing."

"What are you saying?" He asks, getting a bit frisky.

"Face it. You're a newbie." I pout, bending over to turn the shower off and step out, grabbing my towel as I do so.

"Don't go acting like you're better than me now Birdie.." he says in a warning tone.

"Why? I've won more."

"And I believe I've sold more."

This was slowly turning into one of the more idiotic kind of conversations I'd had with him.

Brushing my hair, I finally snap "It doesn't matter! I'm the one who knows what she's talking about! So shut up and get ready for dinner with your manager."

"Feisty aren't we?" He teases.

"Take a shower or put one of your stupid hats on. Your hair is a mess." I say, ignoring his words.

"Thought you liked it? That's what you said two hours ago at least."

"And I won't say anything like that again if you don't fix it." I say, tossing my towel aside and storming off to the closet.