CHAPTER SIX

Making my way back to Damon's apartment, I felt eyes on me almost everywhere, whether they were careful, excited or angry looks, someone always seemed to recognize who I was.

Running up the several flights of stairs, eventually unlocking the apartment door, I noticed Graham and Damon passed out on the sofa and seated at the kitchen counter was Alex, snorting a line.

It was only 10:30.

"Heard you got beat up last night." I comment, making my way over to him and the coke, almost ritualistically undoing my necklace, revealing the little spoon and snorting a little bit of it.

He rolls his eyes, pointing to his now somewhat blackened eye and responds, "Well, I heard that you, left with Liam Gallagher. Judging by the shades on your face and the hickey on your neck. It's true." He playfully says

"Oh shut it." I neither deny or accept the claim.

"Is that his phone number? Avery, you sneaky bitch! Give it here. We've got to send Noel a nasty message." He leans across the counter, coke staining his gray tee shirt.

I back away and hiss "Stop it! You'll wake them up. And I don't have Noel's number. It's not like they share one."

"Fine." He pouts. "I'm surprised they haven't woken up because of the phone. Someone keeps ringing for you. Told them to fuck off at like four this morning."

I hoped it wasn't Courtney. "Did they give you a name?" I ask hopefully.

He nods his head "Got a couple callers, most of them were your little grungy friends. Wrote it down on a paper."

Alex gets up, stretches his arms before walking over, across the room to the coffee table and picks up a piece of paper and thrusts it towards me.

Scrappily thrown across the paper were about 7 names and about 14 missed calls in total.

"Was about to hurl the phone at the wall at one point. Graham managed to calm me down and all that. Would've preferred it to be you." He flirts.

Rolling my eyes, I began to read.

AVERY'S GETTING POPULAR, AGAIN:

1. Courtney Love, 4 missed calls
2. Kim Gordon, 2 missed calls
3. Thurston Moore, 2 missed calls
4. Manager, 3 missed calls
5. Karlie, 1 missed call
6. MTV Representative, 1 missed call
7. Label, 1 missed call

I groaned, looking over the list. "Who's call seemed more urgent?"

"Er, none of them. They were all mainly about drama. Except Kim and Thurston seemed more sincere." The groggy voice of Graham appeared from the sofa.

"Pal! Great to see you're alive!" Alex jokes, walking over to his friend, patting him on the back.

Graham, however, doesn't seem as amused and grimaces before saying "And you're making a mess in Damon's kitchen. Again."

"Oh he won't care! Besides they'll use the leftovers later won't you Avery?" He asks, turning towards me.

I chuckle gently and shrug my shoulders, once again not directly answering his question. Instead, I decide to address Graham. "Sleep well?" I ask

He nods "Throat's sore though, anything in the medicine cabinet?"

This is where two very different answers came up.

"I'll go check"

and

"Mate, you mean the liquor cabinet."