CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

As it turned out, secrets were harder to keep when your partner in question, was a rockstar, and it certainly didn't help if you were one as well. To be honest, now that I was a few weeks into this whole thing, I didn't care about the media or press finding out.

I just didn't want Patsy to, or anyone else in Liam's circles to find out. Especially Noel. As I didn't really ever want to speak to him again. Ever. I still hadn't gotten over what had happened the first time around.

What an asshole.

Anyways, moving on. Liam had decided he wanted a break from everything and that the perfect solution for all of this, was us going on a beach trip.

Because of course, we both thought of ourselves as beach people. Either way, it was no where in the UK, but instead, in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, specifically Kitty Hawk. As I'd assured both of us, that no random paparazzi could find us there.

Besides, it was the state where I'd spent my childhood, just not anywhere near where I had grown up. So I was eager to go.

Part of me felt like planning the whole thing took more time, as Liam wanted to fly private, I wanted to rent a house instead of a hotel. It took time. But eventually we'd figured the whole ordeal out.

After hours of complaining from the both of us, we were on our break from everyone else in existence. Well, I was on a break from touring. He was on a break from his marriage? As he described it.

I didn't want to get into it, as it was a bit of a sour subject between the two of us. I saw it as, he wasn't in love, he needed to tell her and get divorced and he saw it as, taking everything slow and calm. Fucking hell. It made me mad, and to make things worse, he still wasn't the least bit interested in his child.

But this was vacation. We were supposed to shut up about all of that.

"If we'd stayed at the hotel, we would've had a private beach space." Liam says, looking around at the crowds of people around us before leaning back down onto his towel.

"Houses are private. Hotels are not." I add. "Besides, they wouldn't have roped a section off or anything, a private beach is cut off from the public, not the entire hotel."

"They could've made an exception for us." He says leaning over and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"I'm not depriving others of their vacation time." I sit up, pulling the shirt I was using as a cover up off and pushing my shades down on my head, covering my eyes. "Come on." I say, motioning for him to get up.

"Birdie. No. I'm happy to lay out in the sun and watch you romp around. But I don't mix well with the ocean. It's fucking scary."

"You can surely walk in it, kick some sand with me."

He groans, standing up. "If you start pulling me in, I'll kill you. Just remember that."

"Sure you will." I roll my eyes, taking his hand in mine and leading him down to the water, relaxing a bit, the cool water slowly moving over us.

"It's cold. Let's go back to the house, it's got a hot tub. Isn't that more your speed anyways? More fun than this mess right?"

I stare at him blankly before tugging him in more, the water up to our knees now, seeing as we were about the same height, only he was an inch taller. "Stop it, right now." He mutters.

With that, I splash him, watching the water splatter onto him. His hair soaked now. "You're in for it now."

"What are you gonna do?" I say, flipping him off before splashing off in the water, running away from Liam, knowing he probably had a couple of ideas in his head.

"You fucker." He says a little too loudly, which catches the attention of a few people nearby. "What are you blokes looking at?" He says before chasing off after me again. When he catches me, he picks me up, then practically tosses me into the ocean, not even realizing we've done in up to our thighs, and he's tossed me into chest deep water.

Which was a threat for him, not me. Except I didn't even know this.

I pop out of the water, grabbing my sunglasses and motion for him to come over. "the water is fine! come on!" I yell exasperatedly, sunglasses over my eyes again.

He crosses his arms and mouths no. So I ignore him, playing around in the water for a bit, not wanting to deal with whatever his problem was. But that got boring, and I noticed him getting weary of the people nearby.

Who seemed to be whispering for a little too long and staring.

Seriously.

We were in fucking Kitty Hawk.

Either way, I swam back over and stood up, pressing my wet body against dry chest and say "What is wrong with you? It's just the ocean. All you have to do is fucking swim and you'll be okay."

His arms wrap around me, returning my embrace and sighs, as he reveals some of the most devastating information I've ever heard.

"Birdie. I can't swim." He admits

"I'm sorry what?" I ask

"You heard me and I'm not saying it again."

"You can't swim?" I repeat myself.

"It's fucking hard! I'm like a rock when the water gets deep. My head won't stay up."

I start laughing, which seems to piss him off.

"Oi! Why the hell are you laughing?"

"The, the way you described it." I snicker, leaning against him now, a smile across my face.

"It's true! My god, even the shower is hard for me at times."

"Oh is that why you're always dirty?" I question, challenging the idiocy I was hearing.

"Shut it. Don't you and your little friends consist of being greasy and wearing dirty shit?" He says referring to Grunge as he adds "Don't think I haven't seen your hair in '92. Very dirty darling."

"Shall I talk about all the bad shit you've done, or should we stop here?" I ask, genuinely wondering what I could say before he'd get really mad.

His reply was: "nobody likes a smart ass."

I nudge him gently for the comment and he rolls his eyes "Don't act like it isn't true Birdie. You're smart and you've got an ass. A cute one though." He winks at me and taps it lightly.

My cheeks turn a light pink and I say "Someone's going to hear you and call MTV or some shit."

He shrugs "Let them. They won't find us.." he nibbles on my ear a bit, before picking me up once more. "Come on. I want to go explore wherever the hell we are and not be on the beach all day. Let's go."

Now that? I was fine with.

(Hey y'all. Um the next few chapters are probably going to be like this and kinda just filler, as I figured we needed some fun shit without any major plot points or drama.)