CHAPTER FORTY ONE

Liam Gallagher seemed to be keeping his promises. Not once had he bothered me with his usual intentions, instead, it seemed like he was actually just trying to be friends. Really desperately though.

The first time he'd called, he wanted to know if I'd come over to his home for a dinner with friends. I'd declined. Not wanting to upset Patsy.

The second time, it was for lunch. I'd also declined, not sure why I had, but maybe I'd just wanted space for a bit. Actually, that was exactly why, especially since us being friends was filler till he got divorced.

The third time, it was an invitation to go drinking with a few of his friends and their significant others. I had gone, and had the most awkward time of my life. See, I'd barely gotten drunk before Liam was asking me about everything he wasn't supposed to. So I'd left early.

Instead, heading off to join Lisa and baby Molly for lunch. Which surprisingly, Noel had joined us for.

We had gotten on better terms since the whole hospital excursion.

Probably for the better.

But this had been awhile ago. Seeing as I was now back home in the wonderful United States of America, just briefly, for I'd started recording what would be my next album. I hadn't wanted to come back yet, but Geffen had been persistent on me recording and doing it here in LA.

So I was back home. Quite literally.

My home in LA was quite nice if I was being honest, a soft neighborhood, filled with other musicians and celebrities of the sort. However, I didn't own a mansion or anything like that, just a simple two floor home.

4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, a nice backyard space and a pool.

It wasn't quite home, seeing as I was never here. But I kept someone to clean and look after the house and pool. I often contemplated selling it, but I couldn't yet, part of me wasn't ready to leave LA full time.

Damon had reckoned I might as well apply to be a citizen in the UK now, seeing how much time I spent there.

He wasn't wrong.

Anyway, I had just gotten back from the studio and had thought about maybe relaxing in my pool for the very first time since I had bought this house, when the phone rang. Sighing, I went and picked it up, surprised to hear Liam Gallagher's voice.

"Birdie? Is that you?" He asks

"Yes Liam, it is. But how did you get this number? Aren't the rates crazy for you?"

"I'm not in England Birdie! Oasis is in America, touring. I told you that a few months ago, you agreed you'd come see us play, so I could see you again."

Covering my end of the phone, I sigh, not remembering any of this happening.

"Of course, I'd love to see you. When are you going to be in LA?" I ask, drumming my fingers on the kitchen counter.

"Tonight. I thought you would've known." He sounds disappointed.

"Shit, Liam I'm sorry. I've been busy recording, I haven't exactly been paying attention to other music at the moment." I try to sound as apologetic as I possibly can.

"You don't have plans tonight do you?"

"No! Of course not. I'll come. I just need to get tickets and all that."

He doesn't even hesitate "No worries! I'll have them sent over to you. I made sure the venue had your name on the list for tonight."

"Great..What time do you want me there?" I ask, hoping he meant right when the show started.