CHAPTER FORTY NINE

We'd exited the party with ease, making our way to his car and starting the journey back to his home in London, the one that he shared with Patsy. This made me stomach turn, knowing that I'd be sleeping in his wife's bed. The one they shared.

My vow to never be a home wrecker again seemed to have been broken. Again. It was hard to stay away from Liam. Every waking moment I could often find myself thinking about him, or what he was doing.

That didn't happen with Matt. Speaking of him. Poor Matt. I'd completely cheated on him and now left him all alone at Noel's house.

Then again, it was across the street from Jude's home. So it wasn't like I'd completely ditched him at a club for someone else.

I choose to now focus on Liam speaking, and his driving, feeling the cool breeze on my face, as we drove along the mostly empty streets on the way back to his home.

"The only person there right now is the sitter. But they won't say a thing." Liam shrugs, continuing on with his conversation, unaware that I was slipping in and out.

Wait a minute? The sitter? Shit. I'd completely forgot about Lennon. His son was going to be there. His baby. Was this backstabbing to Molly and Lisa? Possibly to Pansy? I couldn't tell. I really couldn't anymore.

Tonight was entirely fucked up.

"Lennon's an amazing baby. The little shit doesn't cry or anything! It's a fucking miracle I tell you." He continues to talk.

"You'll love him. And he'll love you too. Besides, he gets attached to pretty women. Just like his father." Liam winks at me.

What the actual fuck was happening?

We weren't just having more sex? He wanted me to meet his child? In the middle of the night?

I was starting to feel sick again, especially as we pulled into the driveway of a nice, big and spacious looking home, stepping out of the car, I follow him up the steps, laughing as he fumbled around with the keys.

The sitter eventually opening the door for him, her eyes going wide as she spots not one but two famous musicians in front of her.

"Howdy." I say, stepping inside, looking around Liam and Patsy's home.

It was absolutely gorgeous, it had the feel of those type of darker themed castles, with a hint of modern accents and all of that. I knew for a fact that all of this had to have been designed by Patsy. I didn't really think Liam to be a good designer.

Judging by what he wore half of the time.

Soon enough, the sitters gone and there's an extra big tip in her hand, promising to not tell about what she'd seen tonight.

"Come on, apparently, he's been restless tonight and should still be up." He grins, taking me by the hand and leading me up the stairs.

I can't help but admire the walls, spotting the framed accomplishments from the couple. From magazine covers to plaques and certifications for album sales. It was big and beautiful.

But, now, my attention was on Liam, as he inched towards the door at the far end of the hall, pulling me along slightly, before entering the room and flicking the light on.

It was what a child's nursery should look like, very cutesy, very adorable. With tons of stuffed animals, paintings on the wall, toys, buggies. I can't help but spot bags for the exact same baby store Liam and I had bought the presents for Lisa at.

That stung a bit.

I couldn't grimace, not while in here, watching Liam be a father, perhaps showing only the slightest bit of maturity I've ever seen in him.

He finally turns around, the tiny little baby that was Lennon in his arms, wrapped up in a blanket.

Peeking closer, he was adorable, definitely resembled his father in a way, I could already tell.

Yet this all felt wrong to me. But I'm frozen in my place, forcing myself to wave towards the child and softly cooing "He's so sweet..."

Liam beams, thrilled to see I think so highly of his child, which then makes him want to pass him over into my arms, and not wanting to be rude, I accept.

Looking down into his sea blue green eyes, I internally cringe in pain, knowing how much of Patsy this baby was, and how wrong it was for me to be in here, holding her child, pretending to be something to Liam.

"Hi there.." I murmur softly, watching as he pokes a hand out of the blanket, I smile, a real one this time and offer my finger towards him, watching his hand curl around it.

Liam moves behind me, resting his head on my neck and whispers "He likes you doesn't he? I told you he fucking would!" His tone was excited, as if it was all he wanted in the world.

I giggle a little before rocking him in my arms "I don't think you're supposed to curse around children."

Liam kisses my nose and ignores my comment saying "This is how it's supposed to be for us Avery.."

I freeze, making sure I'm hearing what he says correctly.

Liam slips Lennon into his arms before plopping him back into his crib, leaning over to watch the child settle down for the night, as he continues to talk "This is how it's supposed to be Avery."

He's repeated himself.

"What do you mean?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"You and I Birdie. We're made for one another and I swear I'm almost there." He looks away for a second and then says "I need a divorce."

My heart soars for a second.

"I don't want to live a lie, pretending I'm happy. When I'm not, and you, Avery. I can't make you sit around forever." Liam says softly, before stepping towards me, cupping my cheeks in his hands softly, before giving me a warm kiss.

"I should've done this ages ago" he murmurs, one of his hands sifting through his pockets, causing me to get scared.

"Turn around please." Liam coaxes out softly. "And close your eyes."

I nod my head, doing as he says and closing my eyes, turning around, facing the wall.

There's just the sound of him shuffling around, humming what eerily sounds like Lemmon Blue before I hear him say "Turn around please."

And when I do, there is Liam Gallagher, a box in his hand, standing on one knee.