《65》Special Someone.

I felt soft fingers rub my face from my forehead to my cheek. Without opening my eyes, I knew who that was. Unfortunately for him I was still mad. I grunted and turned my face away from him.

He huffed. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

"Are you sure? You look upset."

"I said, I'm fine. Leave me alone!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry about our date yesterday, I was ––"

I interposed. "Look, I'm not upset about that. I understand if something came up." I got off the bed and walked out of the room into the kitchen. He followed me.

"So why are you giving me attitude? I was busy and tired after I finished what I was doing so I overslept. I was also waiting for your call but you never called."

I scoffed. "Yeah, you were "busy"." I finger quoted. "See, I get it, okay? No need to explain anything."

"Wait, what? What are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about? Are you asking me that?"

"Yeah, I'm asking!" He exclaimed.

Tired of pretending everything was fine, I decided to ask. "What was your so called ex-wife doing at your house yesterday half naked?"

"What? You came to the house? I can't believe that after everything we've been through, you still don't trust me." He scoffed.

"What did you expect me to think huh? What? You weren't there to clear the air. She was putting on your favourite shirt with no underwear underneath it. So tell me, how did you expect me to react given everything that happened last month?"

"Wow!" He exclaimed.

"I trust you okay? I do. But seeing that woman made me feel so insecure. I mean she looks so much better than me and I thought you had gotten back together with her. Men are so unpredictable." I sighed in resignation as I slumped down onto the sofa.

He sat beside me and held my hands. "Don't be silly, Janette. We are divorced already, she was in town and needed a place to stay so she asked me for accommodation for just one night. She also didn't come with extra clothes and I had to give her that shirt so she would be able to wear the clothes she came with when she's leaving." He explained. "If you want, I wouldn't wear the shirt again."

"So why didn't we go on our date like we had planned? Where were you?" I queried.

"Well––" He stuttered and rubbed the back of his head.

"Vincent!" I screamed, he shook.

"Fine. It was a silly test." He sighed.

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head and narrowed my eyes.

"I don't want you to get mad but that was a test. I wanted to know if you trust me and I also wanted to know how you'd handle situations like that if it ever arises." He looked at me, I flinched and yanked my hands away from his.

"What? That's sick and low of you." I spat in disgust. He looked away and bowed his head.

"I'm sorry. I needed to know if you trust me well enough to get married to me."

"I can't believe this. Why would you do such a thing? Was it really necessary?"

"It wasn't but I wanted to be sure you really love me."

I shook my head still trying to comprehend what I just heard.

Ask him if you passed.

What? I'm angry and that's what you can think of. Really Jenny?