Chapter 73: Jim (Alex's POV)

I couldn't help but groan when I heard the noise of a phone vibrating and playing music underneath my pillow. It was annoying to listen to, and I'm still never sure how I ended up shoving my phone underneat my pillow when I slept, but Ic an tell you that it's not a walk in the park when I wake up.

        I could smell the ocean scented shampoo that Stella worked through her hair, and it made my fingers curl to the fabric of her shirt, pressing my palm to her stomach to bring her back into my chest. I buried my face into her brown locks, nose skimming the side of her neck.

        It fucking killed me how much I wanted her after just having her. It scared me shitless that I wanted her like this when just waking up.

        "Answer your phone," Stella mumbled, pulling my fingers from her torso and to her lips. She kissed my knuckles gently where scars were left from when we first got together. When I had punched my wall when Daniel's anniversary was around the corner.

        I shook the thought out of my head, literally. I let out an annoyed breath, pulling my phone out from underneath the blue sheeted pillow and rolling out of the bunk and onto my feet. I had worked myself into a habit of doing it like a pro without falling, only swift and smooth movements. But I could never get used to the light headed feeling that I got from just waking up.

        The phone was still buzzing in my hand when I glanced at the number, realizing I didn't know it. I almost wanted to put it down and crawl back into bed with Stella, but for some reason, something willed me to answer it.

        I pressed the green button before bringing the receiver to my ear. I mumbled a small, questioned hello while pressing my free hand to my eyes, rubbing them tiredly. I wandered to the front of the bus where Jack was passed out with a beer in his grip, dangling dangerous over a blanket on the ground. I sighed, rolling my eyes and taking it from his grip, setting it on the counter. Sometimes I swear I'm his fucking mother.

        "Hello, Alex? This is Jim Harrison." HIs firm voice was enough to make me stop in my tracks. I didn't have a problem with Stella's dad yet. But ever since the first time I met him, I had a feeling I would be thinking twice about anything I did with Stella. He was a fucking scary man, I can tell you that much. He had arms that were bigger than my head, and the same strong eyes that Stella had.

        "Oh, hello Sir," I felt like I had to be so formal with him. it was like an instant reaction to me with parents. Even if I was a dick to their daughter, I tried my hardest to make a good impression. I wanted them to let me into the house to fool around with their daughter. But with Stella, it was different. It wasn't to let me in te house, I actually wanted this guy to like me. And I had a feeling because of the fact that I stole the one reason this guy has for living away from him before college, he wouldn't exactly be my biggest fan.

        "I know it's late, but I was just informed of the news myself. I was going to try calling Stella, but I didn't think it was the right time." His voice faltered when he grunted out her name, like he was in pain. For the first time in a long time, I felt bad for the guy. I'm the reason Stella was with me instad of spending her last few weeks home with him. I'm a selfish bastard, and I can admit it. I wanted Stella here, and by openig my fucking mouth, it got her here. But it sucked that smeone else was in pain because of it.

        "She's sleeping, so you're probably right?" I was trying to keep my voice down, but instead opted to move outside. I knew that Kara, Rian and Zack were probably sound asleep and I sure as hell didn't want Stella to overhear a conversation that he called me instead of her to have. So I moved to the door, shutting it behind me quietly. The air was cooler than I thought. "Is everything alright, sir?"