Chapter 70: Bring Me The Horizon

I'm still not sure how I ended up being the only person on the entire bus up for catered breakfast this morning. At least, on time anyway. I was the last out of bed, and rolled into a pair of purple running shorts and a black t-shirt. I threw my hair into a curly, untamable bun. My eyes were covered in a thick pair of Kirra Thunderbird sunglasses. I was a mess in the morning, and hated to be around people.

        I realized the third day of being on this tour that each table had its groups that sat there, exactly like high school. But today, I didn't care one bit that I was sitting alone or that people were looking at me funny. I didn't even care if they were famous, or part of my favorite band. It was too early to worry about stupid stuff like that.

        Plus, after a few days it was easy to see that the bands were all human, just like me.

        I smiled half heartedly at John O'Callagahan and Patrick Kirch. They sat at the far end of our table, and chatted with other bands around them. But I'm sure they felt too awkward to sit with me because we didn't know each other well. Alex introduced me to them my second day here, but I was too quiet around new people to leave a huge impact.

        The tent was accumulating heat, and my shoulder blades felt sticky from the humidity. I sighed, picking at my pancakes. The black nail polish on my fingers was chipped a bit. I hated painting my nails. What was the point when this is what happened one day later?

        I must have been really distracted by my imperfect nail because when I looked back up from my hand, there was a group of boys sitting around me. I jumped at the sight, shocked. I almost choked on the food in my mouth before coughing, swallowing it. My neck felt hot, and all of the boys smirked, passing glances at one another in silence.

        "Yeh the lass from last week, wi' Jack right?" My eyes moved to the side, seeing a familiar face and hearing extremely attractive accent. I remembered him from the first day here, before I was technically on tour. His sleeveless, black shirt exposed an arm of tattoos. The colors blended together in my eyes, and for some odd reason, they looked right on his small frame. He wore them proudly, taking me in the same way that I was him. I nodded, reaching for my water and talking a long gulp.

        "Stella." I licked my lips taking the moist air around me into my lungs. All of the boys sported the same long, dark hair. I wasn't sure how they survived on stage with that mop. I always asked Alex how he did it, but some of theirs was longer. It seemed more painful than comfortable.

        "Olivah," The same boy seemed to speak for the whole group. He was a good looking guy, with medium brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He had long lashes, and full lips that had a ring in the bottom corner. His mouth turned up with a smirk, and it almost reminded me of Alex. "Leh, Cur'es, an' both Mat's, bu' call that one Nicholls," I smiled at his pronunciation of names. I'm pretty sure that he had said Matt, Nicholls, Lee, and Curtis. I was hoping that's what he said, because I was going to sound like an idiot if he didn't.       

        "What's your band's name again/" I asked, yawning accidentally. I felt rude, because it made me seem like I wasn't interested. But it gained Oliver's attention, and he raised his eyebrows at me with the same sly grin on his mouth.

        "Brin' Meh Theh Horizan," I could listen to a person with an accent speak to me all day long.

        The boys across from me; Matt, Lee and Curtis, were already eating the food that they had brought over in front of them. They weren't really talking to one another. But it didn't seem like they had to talk. it was the way that the boys could get sometimes. They didn't have to fill the gaps because it didn't matter.