Chapter 47: Us [Racy Content]

"Stella, love," Alex's voice was faded when it entered my brain. I felt fingers run down my arm, the soft touch familiar on my skin.

        I groaned, rolling over in my bed. I muttered about how it was too early, and that I needed sleep. I looked from the corner to see the darkness still cast over my room. Yes, it was much too early.

        I heard Alex chuckle lightly, finding humor in my annoyance. I stuffed my pillow on my head, trying to block out the noise. His fingers traced my spine, causing me to twitch. "You don't have to get up, I just wanted to see you before I go."

        I felt my eyes bolt open, nearly jumping from the bed. I scrambled up, running my fingers over my eyes. I didn't even think of the fact that it was Sunday, or the fact that they were leaving early. It was still dark outside. I glanced at the clock and it read 1:32 A.M. across the screen. I searched for Alex's face; he was on the edge of my bed.

        "Shit, Alex, why didn't you tell me you were leaving so early?" I moaned, getting up. I ran to the bathroom, running water over my face. I left the door open, the light shining into the dark bedroom. I ran a brush through my hair, and Alex was leaning against the doorway, smirking. "This isn't funny, Alexander Gaskarth."

        "What are you brushing your teeth floor?" he laughed softly; I put the brush into my mouth with toothpaste, rolling my eyes. I wasn't going to tell him because I looked stupid and didn't want him to have the last memory of me being that I just rolled out of bed. "I wanted to have a proper goodbye, we leave at nine."

        I spit the contents of my mouth, grabbing a cup of water and rinsing my mouth. I pulled at my yoga pants as they fell down, moving straight towards him. Like hell was I going to let him leave with just a goodbye; I pushed my mouth to his greedily after shutting off the light, trying to remember everything about him.

        His back was pressed to my wall as he took my mouth to his effortlessly. I pulled my hands around his neck, tugging on his hair teasingly. Alex smiled, nearly lifting me off the ground as I wrapped my legs around his torso. My lips never left his skin as he turned, pressing me to the wall. His mouth was fast and urgent. It was like our bodies knew there wasn't much time left, this was it.

        Maybe I was holding on so bad because I was scared that when he got back, things would be different. Like, when I saw him, everything would be weird. He could have changed his mind and all I would have left would be the memory of a boy I cared so much about. I couldn't think about Alex not coming back, it made my heart ache worse than any other feeling in the world.

        "I don't want you to leave," I whimpered against his mouth, breaking the silence. I hadn't told him how badly I didn't want him to leave, and he let out a shaky breath. He nodded, nose grazing mine. He didn't say anything as his lips relaxed, and pushed to mine softly, slowly, like he was memorizing the way I moved against his mouth.

        I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes and roll down my cheeks lightly. Alex noticed the moisture, pulling his face from mine. My feet found the ground, and he ran his thumbs over my cheeks, eyes finding mine.

        "El, stop -- don't cry," he smiled weakly, forehead against mine. I shook my head, unable to remember the last time a goodbye hurt so much. Alex was a best friend, a boyfriend, so much of me. It hurts to think of having to breathe without him. "I'm coming back. It's only a few weeks."

        "Th-things change when people leave; people change," I stuttered, biting my cheek. He shook his head at the thought, disagreeing with me.

        "When I get back, it'll be just like before," he tried to promise me, and I wanted to believe him. I was trying so hard to agree. So, I nodded, chest heaving slightly. His fingers ran down my jaw, pulling my face to his. I could see his teeth glow in the dark, "I need my good luck to last," he wiggled his eyebrows, fingers sliding under the hem of my shirt slightly.