Chapter 85: Trash (Alex's POV)

I drummed my fingers against my chest, unable to contain the nagging pull that was in my chest. My eyes were focused on the dark wood that held Zack's bunk above mine. I ran my teeth over my lips, and bit the inside of my cheek in aggrivation. My eyes wandered to Stella's face that was to the left of me. She was curled in a small ball, leaning her now bruised temple against an icepack wrapped in a towel. Flyzik helped me get her fixed up when we got back to the bus.

        I have no fucking clue why I didn't do anything when I found Stella outisde of the bus. It was taking everything in me not to jump on Oliver. At this point, I was sure to have knocked him the fuck out, cold on the gorund and no one would know what to do with him. I didn't know it was possible to hate sometone more than I hated him. But I knew Stella was hurt, and that mattered so much more to me than hitting Oliver at the time. I was more concerned about making sure she was going to be okay.

        Stella's hand was curled around her face, and a peaceful expression graced her eyes and mouth. My breahting instantly was heavier while my eyes traced her face, and landed on the purple and blue bruise that was now under the icepack and peeking out.

        I didn't know it was possible for me to feel like this about someone before. I wasn't sure if I liked how much everything that happened to her mattered. I always worried about myself, and my friends. But I feel like she is even more important than me. It was this feeling in my heart that was an annoying stabbing pain that would never disappear when she wasn't happy. I fucking hated this feeling.

        But when she was smiling and laughing -- Jesus Christ, it made every damn worry in my head worth it.

        I rolled on my side, staring at her content face. I didn't know why, but I leaned forward slowly, kissing her mouth softly. She smelled like vanila and tasted like peppermint. I don't think I'd ever be sick of that smell. It was my damn definition of home at this point.

        Her mouth turned up slightly on the sides, kissing me back in her half-slumber. She muttered something small, and I would have missed it if it wasn't so quiet on the bus. Her raspy whisper made my entire body turn hot, it was too sexy to even describe.

        "Love you." Her eyes didn't flutter open, but instead her breathing became steady once again. It wasn't anything she was conscious of doing, but it made my throat tighten to the point that I felt like I couldn't breathe. I licked my lips once and pressed my teeth against them, like I was trying to suppress her from hearing my inner thoughts. I pulled away from her body with a new surge of anger filled my lungs, and I let out a frustrated breath.

        There was no fucking way I was going to let Oliver get away with this.

        I slid out of the bunk abruptly and stuffed my feet into the sneakers I'd kicked off an hour earlier. I zipped my sweatshirt, and glanced at the bunks that all had their curtains drawn. I heard one of the rings that held the fabric pull in a loud clank as I made my way to the door, barely aware of Zack asking me where I was going before I closed it behind me. I weaved betweent he buses that were in the parking lot outside the venue, tomorrow these spots would be filled with the cars of fans and we'd have to move our busses behind the stages to keep fans from getting too curious.

        I saw the familiar black bus of Bring Me the Horizon, and I pounded on the door fumingly in the middle of the night. My face was pulled into a tight, livi line as I continued the obnoxious hammering on the door. I heard someone's heated voice on the other side, grumbling that they were coming.

        It was only seconds before I was face to face with Lee and his tired, drunk eyes landed lazily on me. A small, exhausted smirk was instantly on his mouth as he leaned against the door. I gritted my teeth, fists curling and nails digging into my palm.