Chapter 2: Prey

Classes were the same as they always were when I entered a new school, they never really changed. I would walk into class one minute late, fifteen sets of eyes on me with such fascination; like they'd never seen another person before. The teacher awkwardly stands up, introduces me, and makes me sit in the desk either in the front row, or with desks all around me so either way I looked like an idiot. It was the worst.

        By the time I was going to my class before lunch, I was relieved to see that it was my advanced music class, the only class in my whole schedule I actually wanted to take. I loved music, and I loved that I was good at it. I got lost when I played the piano, I was so happy. That was the only thing that never changed when I moved from place to place. Music was the only stable thing in my life.

        When I entered the music wing, I could tell they had walls plastered with soundproof cork. The ceilings were high, and the rooms were bigger to hold more students. I finally walked all the way to Roon 275, and let out a big breath before pushing the door open.

        I knew I was late, and I knew I'd have to go through the same awkward moment I had for the first two classes. I was already sick of it, honestly.

        The room was a decent size, with tall ceilings and white walls that had black music notes and symbols all over the walls. It was cheesy, but the equipment the school had was beautiful to say the least. There were stands set up, and risers for the chorus kids. Musical instruments were tucked against the walls, and the black grand piano sat off to the side.

        The class was already getting started, so when I finally stopped gawking, I realized people were staring. I felt my face flush red with embarrassment.

        "You must be Stella. Take a seat anywhere," I heard a voice enter my ear from across the room. A man that looked to be in his thirties walked out, black facial hair and black glasses. They were set perfectly on his nose.

        I hesitantly made my way to the back of the room; there were no desks. There were rows of chairs, so I sat down in a far chair, hoping I could sink down and disappear from view.

        "Guys, this is Stella Harrison. Stella, the class doesn't bite, I promise," The teacher grined. I smiled back wearily as he chuckled. "I'm Mr. Moore if you have any questions. I'm hoping that someone will be nice and tell her what we're doing today," He glanced over the class with his eyebrows raised before turning slowly on his heel to his desk in the corner of the room.

        I watched students around me bring out their binders. No one really jumped to help me out. It's funny how they'll all openly gape but won't jump to help.

        I looked up to the groups of students once again, eyes begging for an explanation. I really didn't want to have to ask the teacher and tell him not a single person wanted to help. I felt uncomfortable until I saw two pairs of eyes watching me from front seats of the classroom. They were both twisted around, legs facing forward while they bent their backs. Both of their stares made my ears go hot.

        I looked down at my bag again, pulling out my binder. I grabbed a pencil and sighed, might as well do something while I'm stuck here alone.

        "Hottest new girl we've ever had," a raspy voice was hovering over my head. I jumped at the sound, eyes flashing upward towards the boys standing over me. They were both easy on the eyes, the one to my left with long black hair, his light brown eyes innnocent as he smiled down at me.

        "Excuse me?" My eyes darted toward the other boy; his light brown hair shining against the light. It was longer, and hung in front of his ees. He had this wicked smirk on his lips, and right from the beginning I knew he was trouble.

        "What's your name?" he questioned, pulling a seat next to me. He set the chair down backwards, resting his arms on the back, legs straddling it. I raised my eybrows at him, crossing my legs, rubbing the legs of my skinny jeans with my hands. The other boy took a seat on the other side of me, sitting on the chair normally, elbows resting on his thighs.

        "I'm Jack," the one with black hair grinned at me. He stuck out his hand towards me. I took it hestitantly and nodded once in response. His long fingers were much bigger than mine.

        "Stella," I answered back, bearing him a smile with my lips.

        "Stella, like Stella Artois the beer?" the dirty blonde questioned while raising his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

        "Absolutely, my father is an English beer drinker. He named me after an alcoholic beverage," I said sarcastically, tone just biting enough to let this guy knw I wasn't playing his flirting games.

        "Feisty," Jack smirked happily, getting entertainment from my comment. My sarcasm was something I neve held back on.

        "Hot and snappy, I like it," the dirty blonde smiled devilishly. His eyes were the color of black coffee, the pupil almost disappeare dbut you could see the brown if you looked hard enough. He stuck his hand out towards me slowly; I reached towards him and shook his hand lightly. I tried to ignore how soft his skin was.

        "I'm Alex," His thumb grazed the top of my hand softly. I pulled my fingers away abruptly, disgusted with his bold moves. I rolled my eyes for what felt like the millionth time while running my fingers through my hair once.

        "So, what are we supposed to be doing?" I positoned myself towards Jack, changing the subject quickly. He pulled out his notebook from his bag and began talking about a piece that we needed to perform next week.

        The whole time, I could feel Alex's deep coffee colored eyes on me, staring at me like future prey.