Chapter 41: Jasey Rae

Alex had three night's worth of shows, which lasted the rest of the weekend. Tonight was Saturday, and we were waiting backstage for the show to start. The House of Blues was filling, and I was surprised to see how many people showed up for a second show. I knew they were getting more and more popular as the days went on, but not enough for the Balrimore area alone to fill a five hundred person general admission performance.

        The guys had their own room backstage where they were tuning their guitars, and Alex was doing his scales to warm up. Zack never needed more than thirty-seconds to prepare, and was helping Jack restring his guitar because somehow, he managed to break one an hour ago. Rian was sitting next to Kara, foot moving up and down repeatedly. He did that always, no matter what. He was moving somehow, some way.

        Alex was pacing, hyping himself up for his performance. It was funny to watch him get excited, because it wasn't like anything you'd ever seen. He spoke to himself, muttering words of encouragement, like he needed it.

        "What's so funny?" Alex asked with a grin as he paced before me. I was leaning against the wall, watching him hum his scales and clear his throat more than once. He sounded perfect. Everything he was doing right now wasn't necessary.

        I hadn't realized I was smiling at him or that he noticed my grin. It was automatic around Alex, like I didn't have much of a reason to be mad. I never did unless we were fighting. That seemed to be past us at this moment right now, everything was just easy.

        "Don't know," I mumbled, still with a stupid look on my face. He chuckled, shaking his head and looking around the room.

        Jack and Zack finished stringing the guitar, and Jack's phone was ringing. He's been spending a lot of time on the phone lately, but I'm never sure who it is. I hoped that if he had a new girlfriend that he'd tell me about it. Jack seemed to see me as the girl he can talk to about personal issues, even if they get graphic. I enjoyed it. I liked being needed.

        Lauren slipped in the door and Zack's face lit up like Christmas morning. Lauren waved at him, same enthusiasm in her eyes. They were so cute around each other; it wasn't the same cute as Kara and Rian because they knew everything aout one another and didn't always have to talk to be together. Zack and Lauren were this new puppy love where everything is new and exciting, where you're absolutely crazy about each other. Then there was Jack. He never really seemed to want a girlfriend, up until now anyway. He loved to fool around, like Alex did -- well, does. He likes to chase girls and kiss them, never really wanting to commit to anything too serious. He enjoyed playing the field, and playing with girls.

        Lastly, there was Alex and myself, and to me it was a feeling none of them could even touch. I know every couple would think that, but there is something between Alex and I that none of them could ever find. There was a level of lust that pushed that love further than I have ever felt before. It was like whenever we were with each other, the world was on fire; like your breath was caught in your head and you were dizzy. The physical and emotional balance caused so much tension.

        "Alright guys, you're on in two," a man in all black burst into the room quickly. He was caling into his headset about lighting. The guys stood up, Rian and Kara smiled at each other, kissing for a moment. She whispered something to him and he blushed -- I wanted to giggle.

        Zack and Lauren kissed for a moment, and she hugged him. It was cute how old fashioned she seemed -- how she didn't like much affection in public, but I knew how badly Zack wanted it and how much he liked her. He never really gets a chance to be with girls with manners, and he's excited to see where it goes.