LRH // Twins (2)

You panted as Robert rolled over from above you. Nobody said a word and all you can hear were your breaths as you recovered from what happened moments ago.

"You seemed out of it," you faced him, reached over and caressed the lot of images inked all over his body, right now focusing on the skull on his left shoulder. Your fingers barely touched them, finding a trail to his naked chest, where more tattoos came into view.

"Sorry," he apologized, knowing you were right. He was out of it. He appeared to just want to get it over with. Robert always deemed himself to be really good in bed, he really was, you were witness to it, but this afternoon was one of his off days.

He faced you and kissed you one last time, before standing up and starting to wear clothes.

You watched him as he did, not minding that you were naked as the day you were born. You reached over to his bedside table and got his phone.

Then, you see the message.

Erin: 6pm naughty boy, you promised to take me out tonight ;)

You tightened the grip on his phone. Breathed deeply as you realized why he was so off. He was 'on' somewhere or to somebody else. Fucking cheater.

You knew better than to get mad at him. You put down his phone while the devil was still too busy rearranging his quiff. Stood up, started wearing your undies, pretending you didn't see the message.

You were wearing your plaid shirt when he picked up his phone and said, "I have to go somewhere, Michael texted."

"Sure," you scoffed, "Have fun with Michael. You seemed to have promised to take him out tonight. I don't think Michael's name was Erin, though.

He didn't show any other reaction than raising up his eyebrows. "Oh. Good. You know. Seems you cut me some slack on how to end this relationship. You know your way out, nice meeting ya."

"I have some stuff to do with your awful nerdy twin so I'll show my way out later, thanks," you said indifferently. You were so proud of yourself for not showing any emotion. He didn't care so much. So should you. Two can play that game.

But actually, the game was already over. You knew that as he smirked and closed the door, not even looking back.

You went out of the room and hung out on the sofa while you waited for the nerd to come. And after half an hour of thinking by yourself, realizing that your relationship with Robert was over, Luke came.

He saw you and was quite shocked why you were there early. He was about to ask but he stopped. Instead, he said, "Follow me."

So you did, he led you to the room in the farthest end of the hallway upstairs. Unlike Robert's messy room, his was clean as hell.

You sat down on the bed as he set down his things by his study table.

Glancing around the room, your eyes caught a little patch of photographs filling a small wall beside his bed.

Luke and Robert were close brothers as kids. They looked so alike it was hard to distinguish who was who in the photos. Picnics, preschool and some family outings. The photos went on until middle school, then it was only Luke in the photos, no Robert.

You start to wonder what made Robert turn into the bad guy that he is right now. To the cheater he is right now.

Your throat constricted at the thought, the whole thing just crashing upon you. The realization. It's over. And it just so fucking hurts.

"Hello?" Luke spoke, making you glance at him, the way he raised his eyebrows, so much like Robert's, only without the piercing. It was like it was him. It was painful to see.

And right there, your heart couldn't take the pain anymore. You cried.