MGC // Drive

HALSEY ft. Lido - Drive

(i recommend listening to the live one with lido playing the piano)

-

"All we do is drive."

Our love is a highway. One should think that it meant our relationship is going straight to its direction, that the ride is smooth but it's not. The fact that the road is too straight, that the ride is too smooth scares me. Why aren't we turning in other directions? Why aren't we going somewhere else? Why aren't we talking about our issues? Is this setup wrong? Why are we like this?

"All we do is think about the feelings that we hide."

Why is it silent in my car? Why are our thoughts the only ones screaming? Why do we sit here like everything's alright when we both know it's not? One should think that silence means comfort, peace. That the lack of interaction lack of arguments mean we have the same beliefs and decisions but it doesn't.

"All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign."

The road stretches on in front of us but we're stagnant, not talking, moving but not moving on. It's as if we're just waiting for a closure, waiting for a sign that will tell us it's enough since we couldn't end it ourselves. We're prolonging the pain, we're putting the whole thing aside, driving like there's nothing wrong.

"Sick and full of pride."

When did we become this fucked up? I remember having you on my lap as I teach you the songs I wrote, I remember when I woke you up at midnight just to stare at the stars, I remember when you used to pick the colors for my hair, I remember when I finally had courage to show you what's behind all my bracelets, the time I've completely opened my soul up for someone, I remember the fights we used to have, I remember feeling so upset yet at the same time scared that our arguments will take its toll on you because I don't want to lose you. I remember everything, the silence between us gives me so much time in my head to relive them. Fuck it, why do I have to relive them? Why can't I do them? We're still together but it's almost as if we're strangers in the car.

I remember you. I remember us.

But now, it feels like there's a different person beside me in the car and we drive, waiting for a sign, merely waiting for the highway's end.

Waiting for us to end.