MGC // Prom Klutz (4)

Play Outer Space/ Carry On again pls thx
(this is really long im sorry i got carried away)

-

There was no music, but Michael was getting deaf. His heart was ramming violently in his chest. It was quite a downpour but it's the cold, enjoyable one, but Michael felt hot, as if every raindrop falling was somehow a drop of boiling water.

"Don't be so worked up, we're just dancing," Isabel said, putting her palm against his chest, just right where his heart beats.

Now she knew how nervous he was, how different he was taking this. Michael figured she's going to let go of him any second now.

But she didn't.

Instead, she put her hands around Michael's neck and scooted closer, pulling his head down to meet hers. He watched the raindrops fall on her face on her hair and suddenly he wanted to be that raindrop, the one that falls on her forehead, down to the bridge of her nose, to the side of her lips.

She laughed and rested her head against his chest. He heard her whisper, "Calm the fuck down, Michael's heart. You're giving him away."

Michael laughed wearily, brushing off her remark. Instead he focused on trying not to step on her foot again, he spun her around and around the beach, slowly swaying as the rain went on.

The wind picked up, making Isabel shiver and unconsciously, Michael tightened his grip around her waist, pulling her close.

"If we get sick after this, the blame's on you."

Isabel just looked up at him, a strange twinkle in her eyes. "Blame it all on me? Fine. I get to tell my children I had to be the one initiating the kiss because you're such a wimp."

Before the whole message registered on Michael's brain, Isabel stood on her tiptoes and reached up to kiss him.

From that moment, nothing else mattered.

Not the rain, not the sand on their bare feet, not the unseen horizon, not the almost-in-the-sky shit, not their soaked, cold bodies, not the prom night, nothing.

There was only him and Isabel. Only his lips, exploring her mouth. Only his hands, as he pulled her tightly against him. Only him, lost in the feeling of their lips in contact.

Michael didn't know how the kiss ended. Though he knew once they had to part lips to recover breathing, they both reached to each other and reconnected their lips, igniting flames again. His mind was blurry, well, not actually. It's clear, there's one clear image in there--Isabel's face, then everything else blurs out, unimportant, mundane.

About a half an hour or so, the rain stopped and there were no words exchanged between him and Isabel. Only silent smiles of pure glee and intertwined hands.

They couldn't go home instantly since they were still soaked wet and that wouldn't be too good for the car so the two of them being best buddies since childhood--exploring all around their backyard that opened up to the forest--knowing the how-tos to making a bonfire, they gathered enough wood around the beach and some gas and match from Michael's car and lit up.

Snuggling close to each other--Michael's arms around Isabel as they faced the fire, they waited for them to be dry enough to drive home.

"Mike?"

He heard Isabel's soft voice and he fought the urge to make her face him and kiss her. "Hmm?"

"...Um, can you sing for me?" she asked, her voice inaudible as Michael felt the hesitation in her request.

He gulped, "Sure."

"One of the songs you wrote with Luke and Calum, okay? Aren't you guys forming a little band? Sing me one of your originals," as he agreed, Isabel slowly showed how excited she was.

"Okay, okay. Stay here." He let go of her for a while and stood up, making his way to his car.

A few minutes after he was back with his acoustic guitar.

He sat down far from her, across the bonfire. He tuned his guitar and felt his heart beat faster and faster. He gulped, thinking he couldn't let the night end without letting her know what he felt--something he wasn't sure a few weeks ago but is most certain about it now.

"Okay, I'm going to sing this one song I wrote myself. But then the words aren't complete yet though I kind of have the chorus and first verse already."

"Fire away, rockstar." Isabel smiled at him as she waited.

This is it. Once he sings, she'll know it's about her, their friendship, and how he feels.

(a/n: pls play wrapped around your finger)

He strummed on his guitar.

Throwing rocks at your window at midnight

You met me in your backyard that night

In the moonlight you look just like an angel in disguise

My whole life seemed like a postcard

He feels her gaze on him but he refused to look at her. Of course, she knew it's her.

As he strummed his way to chorus, his mind threw words at him, making him change the words from what he first wrote to something that happened tonight.

You were mine, for a night, I was out of my mind

You were mine for a night, I don't know how to say goodbye

He spoke while continuing the chorus chords, "Okay at this part I don't know what to put yet but I already have the melody, just the content you know, then after this part, there's a guitar solo thing, then there's um, alright."

Michael proceeded to the next part of his unfinished song. This time, he let himself look at Isabel. He figured that was a better idea as he sung the next parts with so much intensity.

You had me wrapped around your finger

I'm wrapped around your finger

He abruptly stopped. "Um, so there's that, I know it's shitty and stuff and--"

"I-it's beautiful, Michael. Finish writing the song, okay? Then, maybe let me hear it." She spoke softly, a blush slowly covering her cheeks.

He put the guitar down next to him on the sand and walked to Isabel.

"Do you want to go home?" he asked.

"Um.."

"Because I don't."

Isabel's eyebrows shot up. "I... don't want to go, too."

"Good. Let's go, then."

"Where?"

"The whole beach is ours tonight, princess." He offered his hand and promised himself he wouldn't waste the night.