CTH // Fear

-

She sits lazily on the bed, leaning back against the headboard, the sheets looking like a white ocean as they flowed from her shoulders down, giving her this innocent, almost angelic look.

Her eyes followed him as he paced in front of the bed, already at his breaking point as he kept looking at the thing he was holding while she was calm and not even affected by his behavior. She took a drag from the cigarette she had, blowing the white smoke upward, letting her eyes burn as she stared at the solitary light bulb lighting the room.

She closed her eyes and saw the afterimage of the light in her closed lids. She took a breath and focused her gaze back at him.

"Jeez, I don't get why you're so worked up. Calm down," she said, her voice slicing through the silence so abrupt it made him jump a little.

"Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down?! You're fucking pregnant and you didn't even—"

He notices the cigarette she was holding, which she was purposely hiding from his field of vision.

"What the fuck?! And you're still smoking?" He reached down and got the joint from her— she didn't even try to stop him. She knew he was already so stressed—what with him finding out about her unexpected pregnancy.

Instead of arguing, she looked at him disbelievingly. "Um, I've been smoking since I could remember? Why stop now? Because of a stupid baby?"

Right there and then she knew she hit a nerve. A really, sensitive nerve.

He glared at her as she said 'stupid baby' and suddenly his arms were tensed, his veins showing, his fists clenching and unclenching.

His voice was suddenly so silent it was a whisper, "Don't you even dare try to abort it."

"I wasn't! I was just waiting for a good time to tell you, I mean, I'm not even sure if you want a baby."

"Of course, I want it! It's our baby! It's mine, it's yours!"

She scoffed, disbelieving as she laid back on the bed. "Whatever, Calum."