??? // Matchmade

It was slowly turning into one of the worst time of your life; the wedding being a day early than planned and your flight getting delayed.

Walking over to the several rows of blue plastic chairs, you flopped down and sighed the biggest sigh you could manage. It was your best bud, Ashton's wedding and you wanted to be early and on time for once, but it seems like the circumstances are making you mark the record of being the worst friend for being late on her best friend's wedding.

Ashton and Bryanna have been going along really well for quite a few years now and they've finally decided to take it up another notch. Though in your opinion, Bryanna's too high maintenance for someone like Ashton, them getting married was actually good news; finally, your ever-adventurous and danger-seeking bestfriend is going to settle down for good. And he's happy, which is all that matters.

You decided to scan through the scrapbook you made which was going to be one of your many wedding gifts to the two of them.

The pink and girly motif of the scrapbook immediately made you fight off a giggle-Ashton is so gonna love this. Turning page per page, you saw countless photos of you and Ashton, from being neighbors to being each other's prom date because nobody asked you, and he felt really overprotective and sweet so he didn't ask anyone else so you wouldn't have to go alone.

Ah, good times, you thought. The next pages show blurry, embarrassing photos of you and him, in that time of your lives where you both thought maybe you loved each other. Well, you both did, but not that way. You've found that out, and in the end decided to just forget about that past since you both know you can't afford losing each other. Despite the absence of intimacy and romance within the level of love you're capable of, the friendship remained ever so stronger.

Now that chapter was something you and him laugh about. A bittersweet memory of the past that you treasure.

The last photos were of him travelling around the world, climbing steep mountains, sailing through violent winds. He'd send you postcards of his misadventures, as he likes to call them, every month for five years until he lied low after getting himself a drop-dead model girlfriend that is Bryanna.

And now here they were, finally getting married.

The thought made you remember calling up Ashton to inform him of the delay.

"'Sup? Are you boarding?" he immediately says as he picks up.

"It's been delayed for quite a time."

"Really? Dammit, just-just make sure you'll be here, okay? And be really pretty. I'm gonna introduce you to someone," you heard his signature giggle on the other end.

You sighed, "Please, no more matchmaking. They always end up bad, Ash. Let me be."

"Who says I'm matchmaking?"

"Well, let's see. Four of the guys I've dated in the past year all admitted that you asked them to take me on a date because 'they'll love my weirdness.' Honestly, Ash, that was the worst boost somebody could ever give," you let out a chuckle, remembering.

"Just keepin' it real and honest, you know. But they did like you! Like for real! What ever happened to them?" he asked.

"The thing was, I didn't like any of them so.."

"Why not? Are you still hung up on me, huh?" you could almost hear his smirk, making you laugh out loud.

You scoffed and laughed, "Dream on, Ash. It's just.. I don't like anybody right now, is it that hard to understand?"

"Whatever, just be here, I'm gonna introduce you to a single and ready to mingle friend of mine." He said, endorsing his unknown friend like some kind of fresh produce.

"Fine, fine. What's his name? If he has an awful name I'm gonna pass right now," you answered, giving up.

"Well, okay, his name is-"

"Passengers of flight 679B please proceed to the boarding lounge now."

The booming speaker intercom interrupts your call, and you see everyone else in your flight standing in their seats to swarm to the boarding lounge.

"Okay, nevermind his name. Plane's boarding, finally. See you in 6 hours, Ir-whine," you chuckled as you said his least favorite nickname, hanging up without waiting for a response. You gather your things and trudge to the lounge, already feeling sorry for the guy you know you'll be turning down again.