LRH // Killer

He was right there again.

You stared in the local news show as it reported a murder that happened downtown a few hours ago. The city was starting to grow anxious as the killings went on, almost starting to be methodical.

The murders were all linked to each other, having the same manner of killing, being killed in the same time, the bodies disposed in the same way: a bloody body sprawled in a dark alley downtown.

Another link that only you noticed is, when the reports go on, a tall guy in a black hoodie lurks in the corner, looking down at the body that has yet to be recovered by the ambulance and authorities.

For the fourth murder that's being reported now, you noticed again the tall guy in the same black hoodie in the TV screen, his face obscured by his hood that was pulled up.

You stood up and walked out to the door, wanting to get some fresh air, trying to clear your mind. The killings were getting closer to your part of the neighborhood and you're starting to worry because you're all alone in the house for a few more weeks, your parents' vacation not due to end until the next month.

Studying your usually peaceful neighborhood, you convinced yourself that even a serial killer wouldn't dare to take a victim from over here because of the street's peacefulness, bleakness. There was literally nothing happening on this side of the neighborhood, the families and houses always closed and secluded.

Nobody ever walks down the sidewalks; kids don't even go out to play. You even started believing the families around didn't have kids or strictly refused to let them go out.

You stood corrected from your earlier statement as somebody rounded up from the northern corner and walked the deserted sidewalk.

As the figure nears, your breath hitched and you felt your heart go into overdrive, intensely hammering against your chest in outright fear.

It was the tall guy in the black hoodie, hands in his pockets and lazily strolling in your direction, eyes down.

He had his hood pulled down and you recognized him: your next door neighbor, Luke Hemmings.