MALUM // Secrets (5)

There were knocks on the door. Again.

"Leave, Calum!" you shouted, already knowing he was behind the door. You ignored his constant banging and buried your head under your pillow, sulking.

It's been a few days after that fiasco in Michael's apartment. As much as you were hurt, you couldn't be so angry, given the fact that you were also sleeping with Calum-even though forced-makes you as much of a cheater as Michael was. Somehow, it evened things up. You couldn't get so angry, but couldn't get so happy about it. He did cheat on you.

"Let me in!" he kept knocking, the determination in his voice unwavering.
You groaned as you stood up, finally opening it up.

Calum stood in front of you, wearing a black hoodie, holding his grey beanie and striking up a peace sign, eyes dancing in glee. "Hey."

"I hate you," you said as you walked back to your bed. He doesn't seem to realize the whole thing.

"Why? I settled things, didn't I?"

"Because you knew! You knew he was cheating on me all along and you didn't even tell me!" your voice rose, filling up the room.

"You were getting money off his bank account and I wasn't telling him. So? I keep secrets for both sides alright?" he defended, shrugging his shoulders indifferently.

This hit a nerve, it was true. "But you blackmailed me, knowing he deserved it when I got money off him. You fucking opportunist."

"I like you alright? It was the only way I knew I could get you," he turned somber, sitting on the edge of the bed, looking down at his feet.

"Are you kidding me? Calum, this isn't the time for jokes," you laughed shakily, ignoring how your heart suddenly started beating fast.

"Do I look like I'm joking? I tried to settle things because I want us to happen, Y/N," his eyes pierced through you, the intensity of his words sending a shiver down your spine.

"Well, I won't be the girl who jumped on her boyfriend's best friend after breaking up, okay?" you demanded, and immediately regretted it when you saw the disappointment in Calum's eyes.

"Um, I-I just don't want people to talk about us-"you blurted out, feeling an insane need to comfort him.

He smiled tenderly at you-a smile that had you almost gaping because it was almost like a different Calum. A sweet, boyish and adorable Calum, with the way his eyes crinkled gently at the edges, eyes twinkling.

"Of course, I can wait. I've waited long enough, why not extend it a bit longer? This time though, I'm sure you'll be mine in the end."