AFI // Bandana (1)

The clock in your room strikes two o'clock in the morning yet you lie awake, trying hard to fight off sleep, staring at your phone screen, waiting for a certain phone call.

He promised to call tonight. He promised. He never breaks his promises so you kept waiting. He said he was going to make up for not texting you these past few weeks. You knew tour was taking over all of their time but Michael and Luke always videocalls you, so why can't he?

Timezones suck. So here you were, staying up so late for a midday, after lunch phone call from wherever he is. He was supposed to call you about two hours ago but you thought maybe they were only running late for lunch.

In a lame attempt to keep yourself awake, you scroll through your twitter feed, aimlessly favoriting funny tweets, searching up tour photos of the lads. Upon scrolling around, one photo caught your attention. The familiar dirty blond long hair was enough to make you recognize him.

Ashton, with his arms around a fairly tall, long haired blond girl. The pain that came was something you already anticipated, but poorly managed. You sobbed involuntarily, your chest squeezing up, making it hard to breathe.

He had told you to 'wait for him' until tour's over, that he's always going to keep in touch, that he loves you. What you have with Ashton was something special, something that you so hoped for to last. It was more than just friendship, but nothing so official. His promise was what you kept holding onto despite the rumors but they pile up and you just somehow wanted to hear him deny them, waiting for him to ease up your stress.

You stare at the photos again. They weren't just in one place. There were photos and videos of him and the blonde girl walking around, hand in hand. And as much as you didn't want it to, it hurts you bad like a freight train colliding you head on.

So this is what's been keeping him busy.

You rolled over on your stomach, locking your phone and resting your suddenly tired head on your arms. Your painful thoughts dispersed as the drowsiness you kept fighting off finally took over but a solitary face stands out from your cloudy, drowsy mind.

A guy with tousled dirty blond hair that had grown so long it reached his jaw and covers the back of his neck. A wide forehead above eyebrows that line hazel brown eyes that twinkle with contagious happiness, down to stubbles lining his prominent jaw. The face of perfection. The face of the man you love and can't have. The face of your best friend, Ashton Fletcher Irwin.