CTH // Blind (2)

"What the hell did you do now?! Haven't I told you to mind your own business?"

You winced as you heard Calum on the other line on the phone. He was ruthless, charging onto you, no hellos or whatsoever. You were in your room, worrying about him, almost thankful that called. But what he said completely caught you off guard.

Sighing, you answered him calmly, "I talked to her. About how broken you were and told her if she can give you a chance."

You didn't know why you did it yourself. The two of them getting back together was the reality of your nightmares, yet you still did, just to see Calum happy. You loved him so much it's literally hurting you, to the point where you're willing to sacrifice your happiness for him. It was wrong and unjust, the way you feel for him. You loved him so much you were sure you'd take a bullet for him.

"Why the fuck would you do that?! She talked to me, Y/N. No rephrase that, she fucking confronted me, that I was conspiring with people just to get her back and how pathetic I was! She's angrier than ever, and it's your fucking fault," he growled.

You were thankful he was only calling you, because if he was here, he would've seen you crumble down to your knees, biting your lip just to fight out the sobs that were quickly gaining power. The pure anger in his voice made you cower in terror and pain, you never thought he would talk to you like that.

Gulping, you try to steady your breathing yet your lips continued to shake. Your tears continued to flow. Your strength continued to spiral down to oblivion.

"I - I was just...trying to...help, Calum," you said through sobs which you disguised as breaths.

"And you know what more she told me?" His voice didn't even waver, the harshness still profound and tangible. "She told me you were one of the reasons she broke up with me. Because you were too close to me. It really was your fault."

Now he's just being irrational. It didn't stop the knives from spearing your heart, the pain overtaking your senses. The weird sense of numbness gave you strength.

"My fault?" You scoff. "You know what, Calum? Fuck you. Fuck you and your fucking ego. My fault? I was too close to you? I wasn't the one calling you up when you and her had problems. It wasn't my fault she always ignored you so you only end up talking to me about how hard it was, loving her. It wasn't my fault--" you stop, a realization dawning on you.

"Wait, maybe it was my fault. For letting you use me when she's unavailable. For letting you cry on my shoulder when you're frustrated with your relationship. For letting myself fall for you when you're goddamn smitten with a sick bitch like her. But hey, now that I think about it, the two of you are a perfect match," you pause a bit, feeling hysterical yet calm.

"What? Y/N? Fall for me? What are you-"

"The perfect match, the masochistic, egotistical asshole and the pathetic excuse of a girlfriend, more of a bitch really. That's a sick love team!" You laugh hysterically, all the while tears were relentlessly falling down your face.

"Y/N -"

You stop laughing, your voice turning somber and serious, "But okay, I'll leave you alone. Since that's what you've always wanted. I hope you're happy."

Pushing the end button, you threw your phone across the room and wailed out, your scream ripping through the silence inside the house.