CTH // Friendzone (3)

*real time*

"Y/N, what happened? Look at you!" Karen gasped as she saw you standing on their doorstep.

After driving away from the Hood's residence, you drove aimlessly, your subconscious bringing you parked in the Clifford's driveway.

You forced a smile even though you were pretty sure you looked like a mess. Eyes bloodshot, cheers tear-stained and hair unmade. "I'm fine, Karen. Just--Where's Michael? I need to talk to him."

Worry was evident on her face but she knew better than to ask, she shrugged, "He's in his 'mancave'. Haven't gone out for forever."

Oh, yeah. His mancave. You remembered him bragging about his magnificently built gaming room through texts. You made your way inside, the house aso feeling like home and went up to the room next to Michael's. There was a sign.

"MANCAVE DO NOT ENTER"

You pushed the door open, seeing pitch black, only the light of the large flat screen TV illuminating parts of the room.

"Hey, didn't you see the sign-- wait, Y/N?"

You stood motionless in the doorway as a dark figure inside, Michael stood up and flicked on the lights.

"What the fuck happened?" His voice was indifferent, not really interested even seeing you wrecked. He went back to his large couch and picked up his controller, going back in his game.

You crashed beside him and wailed, the tears coming back and told him everything as he played.

"He accused me of changing when he was the one who did! I know I'm only his friend but what I ask for isn't much, and besides he promised.." You said between sobs, sitting cross-legged beside Michael, crying, facing his shoulder as he was focused on his game.

You tapped his shoulder, "Were you even listening?"

He didn't bulge. Eyes straight on his game, fingers busy pushing buttons on his controller.

"You're no fucking help at all!" You wailed, hurt. "You've changed, too. You boys have become absolute dicks!"

"Not true. Come here," he said as he pulled you to his front, his arms around you as he made you face his game. You stopped crying, realizing you're in his arms as he played, his jaw resting on your left shoulder.

"Girls want cuddles when they cry, yes? I'll cuddle you because you look so helpless and disgusting. Have some of my pizza and diet coke, too. Food always helps. Stop crying, Y/N. It's making you look like an ugly hag."

You stared at the orange haired (his red faded) boy get a slice of pizza from the large box in front of you both and offer it to you.

As Michael's best friend, too, you have memorized everything about him. You went here to tell him your dilemma because you wanted someone to talk to. You didn't expect him to sympathize. Yet here he was, being thoughtful and even going out his way to cuddle with you. Has he changed, too? But for the better?

You sniffled as you got the pizza, taking a bite and resting your back against his chest. For the first time that day, you felt serene, safe. He reached over to his left and the next thing you felt was the blanket he wrapped around you two.

You were there again, staring at him, speechless. Michael was never like this. He was just teasing you all the time, taking everything lightly. He just smirked and pulled you closer to him, "Enjoy it while it lasts, drama queen. Michael Clifford doesn't give out cuddles that often."

You looked down, remembering the 'drama'. Michael noticed it and looked at you, "Come on, don't think about it, Y/N. Just-- watch me play. Or better yet, play with me. We'll play Smash Bros or Trivia Crack? Okay?"

"Later. Beat the shit out of that boss monster first," you said as you started watching him and his game, oddly comforted by Michael's arms around you, his stubbled brushing against the side of your forehead.

Suprisingly, it all worked. You don't know if cuddles are really the cure for dramas but as the afternoon passed, you in Michael's arms, you felt a lot better. You almost forgot about it, the warmth of Michael's hugs seemed to have drove away all the bad thoughts, all the pain and misery you were feeling.

You even played with him and beat him at trivia crack. You couldn't believe it but you were laughing, enjoying yourself. Halfway past your third game, somebody knocked on the door.

You stood hastily, sitting beside Michael. You felt shy and didn't want anyone seeing you and Michael so close and hugging.

Michael just laughed at you, shouting, "Come in!"

Karen appeared, "Dinner?"

You and Michael looked at each other, puzzled.

"It's that late already?" You voiced out your thoughts.

"Time flies when you're both enjoying yourselves," Karen said then winked, making you blush slightly. You glanced at Michael and was quite shocked to see his cheeks flaming, too.

"By the way, I'm glad you looks so much better, Y/N. You came in a mess and now you're all good. Why don't you stay the night?" Karen asked.

You thought about it, realizing that you'd just cry yourself to sleep in your apartment, you nodded, "Sure, that's great. If you don't mind, of course, Karen."

"Oh, I don't! Come on, kids. I'm serving dinner," she said as she closed the door.

You didn't bother looking at Michael because you were shy but you remembered texting Joy. She didn't know anything about the drama and is probably worried and asking where you are.

You took your phone and was quite shocked by the amount of missed calls and texts you got.

125 missed calls and 167 unread messages. All from Calum.

There were a few texts from Joy, too which you replied to immediately saying you were fine and she didn't have to worry. You didn't tell her where you were though.

Michael peeked in as you texted Joy. He saw the unread text count and missed calls.

"Are you leaving?" He asked, face quite wary.

"Nah," you said as you didn't even bother opening the texts and locking your phone. Putting it down the table.

Michael smiled and stood up, "Come on, dinner's waiting."

The night passed with the same happy mood that you had all afternoon, you watched movies with Michael, still in his mancave. Karen even made you snacks and gave you some good DVDs to watch. You laughed at Michael's face when Karen gave you a TFIOS cd, glancing at Michael who blushed for you all know he cries at the movie.

And he did. You both did. You both didn't talk about the cuddling part, as soon as you put on the movie, his arms snaked around your waist amd you made no move to complain. It made watching a lot more comfortable.

Snuggled up in his awfully large couch, a Michael snoring loudly by your neck, arms around each other, you dozed off with a small smile on your face.

Calum and the problems he cause buried in the back of your mind.