LRH // Profanities (2)

-

"Are you checking me out?"

I heard her say as she carefully placed the pan back into the stove after pouring its contents to a platter. Well, I was watching her—she moved with such unconscious grace that made me think she shouldn't be wearing denim shorts and sweatshirts but pleated skirts in pastel colors. I could almost see the fabric clinging to her petite frame—small waist, large hips, tight ass. It was all I needed that I already cancelled all my plans today and decided to stay in and hopefully know more about her.

There was something intriguing about her. The way she talked, the way she moved, her eyes—fuck, I can go from laughing carelessly to wanting her with a single heated look.

I know she said she thought I was the first nice guy she had ever met today but fuck, no man can be nice around her. She makes me question a lot of things. She looked petite and angelic but her eyes say otherwise and the combination of it all was mind-blowing.

There was a guilty smile on my face as she looked at me, reaching over to wipe her hands on the towel on the fridge handle. "No," I lie.

"Yeah, right. Let me know the truth when I poison you with this." She reached over and offered me the huge platter full of bacon and eggs. She smiled triumphantly, "Cooked to perfection."

I chuckle, taking the platter as she took another plate with bread and a pitcher of orange juice. "When I thought you said you wanted to cook I thought you were going to show off and cook a three-course meal for me. Bacon and egg though, an all-time favorite, so I gotta say, you pass."

"I don't need your judgment. I'm a magnificent cook." She scoffed confidently as we walked back out to the porch.

"Whatever you say," I say as I set down the food on the table and settled down to eat.

"You've got a nice place here, Luke," she comments as she glances around, seeing the white fences and my neighbors' nice houses. "Peaceful, and like I said earlier, it looks safe here."

"You might want to reconsider that comment," I say, biting into the bacon I had on my fork. My insides were warm as I hear her say my name, I could feel the tension, but most of it is on my end, so I willed it to stop or else she'd be out here in seconds.

She gave me a confused look, her mouth full of food.

"Don't let looks fool you," I say with a hint of mystery in my tone. I wanted her to know that I wasn't really that nice, that there was actually nothing nice about me, that in my mind I was undressing her and I am a few inches away from doing just that.

She caught up fast; her eyes shining with realization which made me think she wasn't as innocent as she looked. Instead of getting wary or bolting out, I was somehow surprised that she smiled sweetly, shaking her head, "You wouldn't."

I blink. She's aware of the tension, but smiles at it? I'm becoming more and more intrigued and I like it.

"How you do you know I wouldn't? You said you were lost, and you wouldn't be if you had a phone, so I'm guessing you don't have one with you. You won't have any help, how can you be so sure I won't take you right now? By force or otherwise?"

The food—which was really good—suddenly didn't seem as appetizing.

She leaned back, crossing her arms, that same sweet yet tantalizingly alluring smile still on her lips. "You don't want to take me by force. You'd want me to want it—no, you'd want me to beg for you to take me. And as long as that's not happening, you won't. So I just have to stop myself from begging you and I'm safe."

Before I knew it I was throwing my head back, laughing so loud with so much amusement. She was spot on and a part of me felt defeated by how knowledgeable she was of how things worked for men.

"You're something else," I just blurted out—because she was something else. She was never like the women I've met before and never have I ever been caught off guard this way. It felt both refreshing and scary. Refreshing because she was just so full of surprises, the things she say, how she bantered, and scary because as every second passes I find myself more and more drawn to her—I wanted her more than ever.