The Birthday - 1

Okay.

So, it's been a hectic few months.

Stefan's gone. He gave himself over to Klaus to save Damon's life.

Elena and I have been searching, finding leads every so often only to be turned down by Damon.

Uh, lets see what else.

Oh, I uh celebrated my birthday. I'm officially 18 now. Sort of. Legally anyway.

May 22, 1992.

Turns out, not my real birthday. May 23. The day Elena's parents died, was just a day after my birthday.

It almost put a damper on the celebration Caroline threw at Elena's house.

Surprisingly it didn't.

We had cake, Tequila, Matt stopped avoiding me, got some presents.

Mostly paints and stentils from Tyler and Jeremy.

A new compound bow and arrows from Alaric. Which I absolutely love.

Bonnie, Caroline and Elena, pitched in to get me this purely gold Lion ring.

Because they did some research and apparently my name means "Lion of god" so they got me the ring to represent that.

Damon didn't get me anything. Well he says he has something but he's not giving it to me till I absolutely turn 18.

So it's been a full month and now it's officially the day of my birth. June 22.
I'm usually not a morning person, but it is my birthday and I have to meet Caroline at the grill later today. Plus, someone's got to wake Jeremy up.

"Aaahh! Early. Bad!" Jermey complained as I pulled apart his curtains, letting the light in.

"Ahh. It's not early." I tell him as I walk to his bed and pull his covers off.

"You're late, for work. Matt just called." I start walking out and Jeremy looks at the clock.
"Well, maybe he'll fire me."

"Aim high."

I head down stairs to the kitchen where Rick is starting the glorious coffee. He's been staying with us as well, slept on the couch the entire summer.

With the guilt I feel raining over my head because of what happened between me and Stefan, sometimes I find myself sleeping in Jenna's room. I miss her. And I hate that I miss her.

Out of all of us, I think I'm the one that goes to her room more often than not.

"And you're sure it's a vampire?" Elena questioned.

"Doesn't mean it's not. I'll call her" Elena said into the phone as I pat Rick on the arm signaling for him to step away from the coffee machine.

"Tell her thank you for her help," Elena says.
"Oh Caroline wait, just...keep tonight small. Please" Elena pleads.

"Was that uh...Stefan news?" Alaric asks as he makes his bed/couch when Caroline hangs up on her.

Elena sighs. "Could be more Klaus victims." She says as she Puts down her cup.

I gave Elena a look. "Are we certain Stefan's still with him?"

Elena sighed as she poured a cup of coffee. "Easy to be certain when the alternative is that he's dead"

We stay silent and then I glance at Alaric, deciding to break the silence.

"Are you sure you're still okay on the couch?"

"Yeah, Yeah, I'm good." Alaric assures.
Elena raises an eyebrow at him.

"Because you spent half the summer on it"

Elena and I started walking over, pointing up the stairs "If you need your own bedroom?"

Alaric stops us there. "Eh, sleeping in your dead parent's room or my dead...girlfriend's room. Nah."

I sighed in defeat  "Alright Got it" I say, handing over his cup of coffee and Elena and I start heading up the stairs

"Hey Girls." Alaric calls out to us. We stopped and look at him.

"Happy Birthday."

Elena and I half smile. "Thanks"