The Reckoning - 1

"Shh!" I tell Tyler is a hushed whisper as I place down a mouse trap, making sure to protect my fingers.

The door to the classroom opens and the lights flick on and as soon as the person steps inside he sets off a number of mouse traps that we had placed on the floor.

Me, Tyler, Caroline, Elena and Bonnie shoot straight up when he turns on the light.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline exclaims at Matt who was the perpetrator.

I cross my arms at Matt. "Forgot about senior prank night, huh?"

Matt smiles. "Clearly."

Carolines eyes widened in shock. "How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year." Caroline exclaims in profound shock.

Elena looks at him. "Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this."

Matt shrugs. "I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this."

"Caroline's making us." Bonnie explains.

Caroline gasps. "We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

Elena cuts her off and mocks her words, "And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?"

Caroline gives her a dead eye glare. "Go ahead and make fun, I don't care."

Tyler picks up his bag. "You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank."

He takes his bag and leaves. I look at Elena and motion to the door, she nods and we go to the door to leave too.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie asks.

Elena and I turn to them. "To superglue Alaric's desk shut" Elena explains with a smirk.

"We're making memories," I say and smile.

"I love you!" Caroline calls out to us.

Elena and I go out of the classroom and see Tyler giving instructions to other students while he hands them rolls of saran wrap.

"Get the faculty toilet seats, and Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go."

Elena and I laugh and open some double doors, then find ourselves face-to-face with Klaus.

"There's my girl." He says with an accent.

Elena's eyes widen in fear. "Klaus!"

We turn around and try to run, but he's already in front of us.

Klaus looks at her. "You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?" He then looks at me, increasing my fear.

"Get your hands off of me" I mutter, I moved my arm back, grabbing his shoulder and pushing him forward, and holding down his hand. Klaus used his speed to get out and push me against the row of lockers.

"I wouldn't try that right now sweetheart" he said with a scowl before releasing me and I gasped for breath.

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart.

The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids" Klaus rambled as he continued to marched us down the hallway.

"I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing."

"If you're going to kill me, just do it!" Elena yelled at him.

"Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer."

He pulls us into the gym where there are still many students setting up pranks, Klaus speaks with an American accent which surprises me by how different he sounds.

It's actually creepy.

"Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home."

"You two," Klaus says, pointing at Dana and another student with his normal voice. "I remember you"

Dana frowns at him "I'm sorry. Who are you?"

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met." literally.

"Lift your foot up, please, Dana." Klaus says, looking her in the eye and compelling her.

She does what she's told and looks at the other student

"If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?"

My eyes widen in shock as Chad nods "Don't, Klaus. You don't have to hurt anybody."

"Oh, come on, love. Of course I do."

"Keep it up." Klaus orders Dana who struggles to stand on one foot.

"Where's Stefan?" Elena demanded. "What did you do to him?"

"Stefan's on a time out."

When the doors of the gym opened, I turned around and my eyes widened when I saw Bonnie and Matt enter laughing 

"Bonnie, Matt get out of here!" I yelled at them.

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd show up" Klaus says, rushing over to Bonnie

"Now we can get started."

Klaus raised his head to look at Dana "Ah, Dana, why don't you relax? You and Chad sit tight"

"I assume you're the reason Elena's still walking around alive?" Klaus assumes, returning his attention to Bonnie.

"That's right. If you want to blame someone, blame me."

"Oh, there's no need for blame, love. Just your witchy interference seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix"

"Get off of me!" exclaimed Tyler as he was pushed inside the gym by a blond.

"Hush now."

Klaus motioned an arm to the blond

"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah. Word of warning...She can be quite mean."

"Don't be an ass." she retorts with an accent as she throws Tyler into his arms.

"Get your hands off of him!" I yelled as I stormed up to him but Matt blocked my path

"I'm going to make this very simple...Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually."

He bites his wrist and makes Tyler drink his blood, my eyes widened as I knew what was coming "Let him go!"

Klaus ignores me "I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake...You better hurry."

I gasped in horror as Klaus snapped Tyler's neck and let him drop on the ground. Klaus smiles at all our reactions.

Son of a bitch.