Ordinary People - 1

"So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena questions as Alaric and I lead her through the old lockwood tunnels.

"Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light." I joked as we went deeper inside.

Elena frowns. "Wait, what?" Damon secretly comes up and whispers behind her.

"Elena...Boo!" He yells at her from behind her with hands up. She jumps from fright. "Ah! God, Damon!" She scolds as she shoves him back.

"Scaredy-cat!"

Alaric rolls his eyes. "Just ignore him. That's what I do."

Elena sighs at him. "So, you really can't get in?"

"No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire." Damon grumbled.

Elena frowns. "What do you mean, ancient?"

Damon gestures forward into the cave "See for yourself."

When we reached the cave, Alaric, Elena and I were able to get in without no problem, Damon however had to sit outside.

"Well, this is as far as I get to go." Damon muttered.

"What is all this?" Elena asks as she shines the light on the drawings.

Alaric shines his flashlight at individual drawings as he explained. "Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story." Alaric explained.

"That right there, is the moon cycle," he said, shining his light on one of the drawings and then the next ones. "A man, a wolf."

Elena stares  at the drawings in surprise. "A werewolf."

Damon speaks up from the outside. "Yeah, it's the "Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style."

Elena shakes her head. "I don't understand. I thought the Lockwood's came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s."

Alaric shrugs. "I don't know. Maybe the Lockwood's did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that."

"How long?" Elena asked.

I shrugged, we didn't really have an exact date. "A very long time. And this is not even the best part. Show her"

Alaric points to a couple of names carved in the wall on the far side, "Names. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script."

Elena's eyes widen. "Vikings?"

"This name here, I translated it and it reads Niklaus."

Elena's eyes widen. "Klaus."

I then point to another pair. "And Elijah...and Rebekah"

"These are the names of the Original Family?" Elena questions.

Alaric nods. "Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter."

Elena shakes her head. "Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus's fakes."

Damon calls out from his seat outside the cave "That's what I said."

"That could be true, except the last name up here made us think otherwise." Alaric told her as I pointed to said name

"What's the name?" Elena asks.

Alaric and I glance at each other. "Mikael."

"Mikael...Mikael, as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?" Elena questions.

Damon from his seat at the caves steps called out "Yep. I now like to call him 'Papa Original'"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After letting Alaric become a history buff and take pictures of the cave drawings, we all went back to Alaric residence to go over them and try to piece the story together.

Ric and I were looking over them while Elena and Damon spared.

"These images tell a story....to learn the story, you have to decipher these images." Alaric explains as Damon effortlessly disarms Elena after she tries staking him.

"Sloppy!"

"Shut up!" Damon looks over at Ric and I.  "Ghost of Christmas Past" Mason Lockwood set up the cave and led us to a weapon that can kill Klaus."

Elena looks over at us. "Yeah, but doesn't Mikael have a weapon?"

Damon nods. "Yes. Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we have already found...and lost." He overwhelms her again "Bang! You're dead!"

"These images at the very least might tell us what that weapon is." Alaric says, motioning to the pictures.  "Then all we have to do is find out what they mean." I said as Elena and Damon joined us.

"Fine! Fine! If I am being irritatingly optimistic like you three...how do you suppose we do that?" Damon questions.

Elena tilts her head in thought "Well, if the story is about the Original Family living here, then we go straight to the source."