Do not go gentle - 1

"Rebekah I have no idea where the hell you are but you are the head of the decorating committee so get your ass down here and start decorating!” I ended the voicemail there.

The decade dance was tonight and we were putting the final touches on the gym. It was supposed to be the 70’s but thanks to Rebekah it is now the roaring 20’s. I honestly don't mind the decade change but you would think that the girl who changed it would at least show up. 

“What are you doing?” exclaimed Caroline. I looked up to see her yelling at Matt and Jeremy who were hanging some stars on the roof.

“You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down.” I chuckled at the scene, taking an old timey chandelier and headed for Caroline and Elena.

“So which one of you is going to help me hang this?” Caroline grimmanced in disgust as she lifted the chandelier from the box. “If Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity she should have shown up to do it herself.” She handed it over to a passing by student. “Just no.” 

“So what time do you guys want to get here?” Caroline shook her head. “It’s only going to be us too.” 

I pout. “Why? I thought we were all going as single ladies.” Caroline sighed just as disappointed. “Bonnie has a date, and Elena is going with Stefan.” 

She is? I looked at Elena surprised. “You are?” She didn’t know how to respond. “To be decided.” I nodded, trying not to show how disappointed I was.

I don’t know why I even feel like this. I was the one who basically told Stefan to shove it. This is a result of that. “Hey how's Tyler?” Caroline nonchalantly asked as she played with a flapper shawl.

Tyler had come back to town, he had broken free of his sire bond with Klaus. He and Caroline where...I have no idea but Klaus apparently drew Care a picture which she kept and Tyler got jealous. They haven’t really talked since then. He has been staying with me and Matt at home. We have the space and our house is the one house where vampires have not been invited in, (apart from Stefan) and what interest would Klaus have on us. 

“He’s fine. He’s shedding everywhere though.” I am not kidding. “I need him out of my house. Pronto.” 

Caroline laughed. “I can’t help you with that.” I groan and wrap the black flapper shawl around my neck. “Please I beg of you. He sheds everywhere and howls at the moon in the middle of the night!” The two of them laughed and my jaw dropped in betrayal. “I’m serious! 

~~~~~~~~~~~

“Don't be an ass Tyler." I scold as I clean up in the kitchen. We had pizza for dinner and it was my turn to wash the dishes. As long as Tyler’s here I plan to scold him for how he acted like a child about a silly drawing Klaus drew of Caroline. Part of it was because I needed him to get the hell out of my house. I love him, I do. But I have enough with one male teenager, I don’t need another. Especially a werewolf one.

"Well excuse me for being jealous." He says with a sneer. I roll my eyes and look over my shoulder at him. "If Caroline told you not to worry, don't worry." Tyler sighs and gets up from the couch, making me move over to give him space in front of the sink.

"I don't know, I guess you're right." I smile triumphantly. "But I’m still jealous.” I swear to god. Men. 

After washing the dishes I took a quick shower and got ready for the dance. I adjust the black band with a single black feather on my forehead.

I had styled my hair in a casual gatsby-style updo that took a lot of hairspray and at least several burned fingers. I wore a gold flapper dress with elbow length black gloves and a charleston pearl necklace. Stockings and black heels.

“Damn!” Tyler complimented when I came into the living room. I gave a small bow, “Thank you.” I took my car keys from the bowl centered by the door and yelled out for Matt. “Come on Matt! Caroline will kill us if we’re late!” 

“I’m going!” Matt finally came out all dressed up. "We'll be back in a couple of hours, stay hidden." Matt tells Tyler. “I'll be fine. Now go have fun." This smells fishy.