All My Children - 2

"I haven't seen Elena since this morning." Ric told Damon over the phone as I poured him and Meredith drinks at the bar.

Working a shift was all I could do to not go insane over what Esther was planning. I mean killing her children? As horrible as they are, that is just low. 

"Well, I'm surprise you have time to call, what with all this Original sex you've been having. Oh, she told me."

“Sort of wishing she hadn’t told me.” I muttered to Meredith who raised her eyebrows in agreement as she drank down her shot. 

"Hey, listen, I'm not gonna judge her for having a conscience." Alaric argues.

"Well, I wouldn't if I could and I can't because I'm busy."

"Don't worry about it." Alaric assures.

"Goodbye, Damon." I lean against the counter and prop my chin in my hands, eager to hear.

"Does he still think I'm a serial killer?" Meredith asks. "He's a little judgmental." I said to her, “He’s like the male version of Caroline.” 

Ric chuckled and so did Meredith before she sat up and went all doctor mode, "Speaking of. Your x-rays were inconclusive.” She told us, referring to the tests they made Alaric do when he was admitted after the home invasion. 

“Your knife wound was already semi-healed. It's impossible to tell anything about whoever stabbed you. Short, tall. Left-handed, right-handed. No clue."

Alaric frowns. "Well, what about my head? Why can't I remember anything about the attack?"

Meredith simply shook her head, "Your CT scans were clear. Maybe you were compelled to forget."

I leaned forward and raised a confused eyebrow, “So you're saying the killer’s a vampire?” 

Meredith nods. "There are no other suspects. It's the obvious conclusion."

"Oh come on now.” calls out from behind a British accent, I could just feel my blood boil with rage and my eyes roll into the back of my head.

“Let's not go blaming the new family in town just because you lot have got yourselves a killer at large.” 

I pursed my lips at Klaus and Kol as they sat down near us, hands on my hips as I glared at Kol with anger. “Don't mind us. My brother and I are just here to let off some steam, right Kol?"

Kol nods in agreement, "Right." Kol looked at me and smiled all flirtatiously. “How are you doing Darling?” 

I scowled and pulled out a knife from my apron and threw it at him, aiming for the eyes but of course with his reflexes he was able to catch it.

“Call me darling one more time and you'll get a dagger through your heart." 
Kol chuckled, not taking my threat seriously. "I'd love to see that."

I rolled my eyes and left the bar and went to the employee cubbies and stuffed my apron inside because no thank you, I am not working if Kol and Klaus are the ones I’m going to have to serve. 

As I got my stuff to head out and go home my phone buzzed and when I saw it was Damon I muttered incoherent noises. “What is it Damon?”

So quick story Elena was taken by Elijah and Rebekah and in order to save her we need to stop Esther's ritual.” 

Well that was quick. I went to the bathroom and locked the door before turning on the water so Kol or Klaus couldn't hear in case they were.

"So how are you going to do that?"