Homecoming - 2

I huffed in annoyance as I shuffled through various cave pictures. Ric gave me homework, well he gave Bonnie and me homework since we were helping him.

We're trying to decipher the rest of the images on the cave wall. Which is harder than it looks.

I signed up for his hunter training classes not cave deciphering classes. 

"I hate everything in my closet. I have nothing to wear to Homecoming." Elena says after pulling out various dresses from her closet.

I already picked out my dress with Caroline earlier today, 

Bonnie looks up at her "So, don't go. Let's stay home order takeout and over analyze ancient hieroglyphic thingies with Alaric."

Elena laughs lightly. "We have to go. Caroline will kill us."

"She's not wrong." I point out.

Bonnie sighs and looks back at the drawings. "Ha- Caroline actually has a date..." I nod in agreement,

Elena looks at Bonnie sympathetically. "You know that you can talk to me about Jeremy, right?"

Bonnie looks away. "I don't need to talk about it. He fell in love with his ghost girlfriend and lied about it. What's done is done."

"You have to talk about it. He hurt you, Bonnie. I am mad at him, too." Elena tells her.

Bonnie smiles. "You are mad at your little brother. You'll yell at him a little, teach him a life lesson. You can't really be mad like I am mad."

"Bonnie..." I started before she cut me off "And you shouldn't have to be. Neither of you, He's your brother, and he's your cousin/brother, So no I can't really talk to you two about it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We can't trust Rebekah not to turn on us." Elena comments as she, Damon and I were making vervain grenades, sharpening stakes and etc. of other weapons we can use against Klaus. 

"Oh really? Cause these Original vampires are usually so reliable." Damon says wittily.

Elena sighs. "Bonnie was right. Rebekah may be mad at Klaus now but - he is her brother."

"Her lying, mama- killing, dagger- happy brother"

"Wolfsbane is ready." I state to them both after fixing it up. 

"There are too many things that can go wrong with this plan. Too many people that can make it go wrong." Elena continues. 

"Well, I am formulating a secret contingency plan." Damon comments.

I look at him and raise a brow. "Really? Well don't let the cat hold your tongue, spill."

"Well, if I told you, then it wouldn't be a secret." He motions his head to the side, meaning Stefan. 

"I need to borrow a tie." Stefan calls out as he enters,  speak of the ripper. 

Damon frowns. "You have your own ties."

"Hm...I'm 162 years old and I'm going to a Homecoming Dance. I need better ties."

Elena quirks an eyebrow, "You could not go."

Stefan almost laughs. "I'm compelled to protect you. And if I look at your track record at high school dances - it's pretty tragic. With my luck you'll go and get yourself murdered by the Homecoming Queen..."

I rolled my eyes as he left the room and picked up a wolfsbane grenade and Damon smacks my hands. 

"Ah- ah! No!"

"Damon I know how to do it. I've done it several times!" I protest, trying to pull back. 

"Ariel! If this thing blows up in our face- just remember: only one of us heals quickly."

"Ass" I retort when he took it away. 

"Ah, please tell me that you have a better plan than wolfsbane grenades?" Stefan questions when he came back in. 

"Never your mind, brother. The less you know the better." 

"My freedom from Klaus rests entirely upon you three executing your plan perfectly. So, excuse me if I'm a bit cynical." Stefan shoots back. 

Elena looks over at him, "You're the one that we should be worried about. If Klaus asks you one wrong question- the whole thing falls apart."

Stefan raises a skeptical eyebrow. "You do have reason to worry, but if I look back in our history of epic plan failures, it's usually because one of us let our humanity get in the way. Upon taking odds on how this thing goes down, it's certainly not gonna be me who screws it up." 

I gave Stefan a stern look, "Your an ass you know that?" 

"Hm. I know. Ariel, we leave at 8" Stefan said as he turned, I frowned standing up straighter in surprise. 

"What? When did I agree to be your date?"

"You didn't but you are. I can't go to homecoming with a date now can I?" 

He shot me a fake smile that I returned with a fake one of my own as he left. 

"I hate him."