All My Children - 1

“He was gloating. Like actual gloat.” Elena ranted to Bonnie and I as she paced in her room.

Bonnie sat cross legged on the bed with a bowl and tray in front of her with sage and burning candles.

I played with a stress ball beside her, sprawled across her bed and threw the ball up while Elena kept talking. “Like he was proud of himself for sleeping with her. Is it working?” 

Right then, Elena stopped by the boarding house in the morning and caught Rebekah leaving and Damon escorting her out. 

Anyway, Bonnie was doing a privacy spell, Elena says that Esther used it when they talked so that anyone with supernatural hearing couldn’t listen in.

Caroline was outside seeing if it worked or not. From what Elena told us about her chat with Esther, she had linked all her children with a spell and from what she had said when one goes they all go. I’m having mixed feelings about that. 

“It's not working.” Caroline announced walking in the room. “I can hear every word you're saying about Damon, the vampire gigolo.” 

Bonnie sighed, “I don't know, it's a tricky spell.” 

“When Esther did it, she kept the sage burning. There was a lot more smoke.” 

“Alright.” Bonnie said and relit the sage.

“Try it again.” 

I looked at Caroline and motioned for her to leave to try it out again and she scoffed, annoyed by how many times we’ve already done this but left. 

“Speaking of Esther,” Bonnie said out loud, “you should know that she came to see me and Abby this morning.” 

“Come again?” I said and sat up, “And all this time you let me vent about Damon?” Elena questioned. 

“I don't want you to worry.” 

I shook my head at Bonnie, “Screw that all we do is worry, what did she want?” 

“She wanted to introduce herself. Abby and I helped bring her back. She's channeling our entire ancestral bloodline for power. I think she thought she was being polite.” 

“Okay, well, is there a way to stop her from channeling you?” Elena questioned. 

Bonnie shrugged, “Even if there was, why would I want that?” 

“I just keep thinking....Before the sun and the moon ritual, Elijah found a way to keep me alive." Elena said to us, "And now I'm in exactly the same position and I'm just gonna let him die? It just doesn't feel right.” 

I sighed and nodded, sitting up straighter and crossing my legs. “You're not the only one with an uneasy conscience. Elijah told me that he would keep my secret, and he has. Even before I asked him to.” 

Elena nodded in agreement, “It just feels wrong after what he’s done for us.” 

“Okay. First of all, this privacy spell is totally not working.” Caroline said when she came back inside.

“Second, you are not doing this, Esther is doing this.” 

“There's no time to change your mind, Elena. He'll be dead by the end of the night.” Bonnie informed us making Elena and I look at her with wide eyes.

“What?” 

“It's a full moon. Esther needs to harness the energy of a celestial event. She asked me and Abby to join her.” 

I looked down with distraught written all over my face, they’re going to die.

Elijah’s going to die.