The Ties That Bind - 3

"Do you think they'll fix things?" I asked Elena as I wrapped my jacket around me and we walked along the property. "I don't know. I hope so."

I bit my lip and looked down, "Do you think he's alive?"

"Who?"

"Well Abby said my mother and father took me and ran. But the strange thing is, I don't remember him."

"Well he did leave when you were young." Elena points out. "Yeah I know that but I have no memory of him. What he looks like what he sounded like. I never bothered to ask about him to our parents but now I kind of want to." I said with a shrug.

"Well then I'll help." Elena said as she looped her arm through mine. "We'll find the mysterious father. Shouldn't be too hard, we found Abby."

I smiled at her but then froze when I heard a slight whooshing sound. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Elena asked as she let me go and took a look around. I frowned as we looked around, reaching my hand into my jacket pocket for my pocket knife.

I turned around quickly, flipping it open and throwing it at the person behind.

I heaved out an annoyed breath as it was Stefan, who held the pocket knife and smiled a fake smile at me. "Hi Ariel. Nice lake house."

After grabbing Elena, Stefan ushered us to the barn to scold us.

"So, what did you think, I wouldn't find out?" Stefan barks.

"Honestly, we didn't care." Elena exclaims.

Stefan points a finger. "This is exactly why I didn't want you in the loop."

"Yeah, because now you can't do whatever you want." Stefan in anger kicks a chair and breaks it. "Damn it!" Jamie enters the barn. "Hey! Everything all right out here?" He asks.

"Hey, Jamie, go back inside, okay? Please, trust me, it's better off for you there." I tell him.

"I don't think so." Jamie walks towards Stefan. "I'd listen to her. Get back upstairs, man." Stefan orders.

Jamie doesn't flinch. "I said, I don't think so." Stefan grabs him by the throat and compels him. "Go back upstairs, before I tear your damn throat out. Do you understand me?"

Stefan lets go of him and Jamie walks away.

"What the hell was that!" I yell at him as Jamie leaves.

"It's the way it has to be, Ariel." I scoff. "Oh, yeah, right. Because since when does being the bigger villain help!"

The familiar sound of a rifle clicking from behind me made me and Elena whirl around to see Jamie holding a gun and walking over. 

"You're not supposed to be here." He says as he points it at Stefan. "Jamie, what are you doing?" I exclaim. "What I was told. He's not supposed to be here."

"he's compelled." Stefan says, coming to the realization. Jamie shoots at Stefan, who falls on the ground on his back.

"Stefan!" I exclaimed in shock as he fell and looked back up at Jamie in shock. He cocked the gun and pointed it at me so I held my hands up. 

"Jamie..." 

"Tie her up!" Jamie directed to Elena, motioning with the gun to me. "What?" 

"Tie her up!" 

Elena gave me a concerned look and I simply nodded, "Just do it." 

After Elena tied me up to a post, Jaime was currently tying her up. And while Elena tried to not tie me up to hard so I could have a chance to get out of here,  Jamie made her tie me up hard so getting out of here would take me a second. 

"Why are you doing this?" Elena asks him as he tied her up. 

"Stop moving." Jamie grunts.

Elena looks down at Stefan who kept groaning in pain, "Jamie, let me go. Jamie, he needs help!"

"Jamie!" Calls out Abby. I look up from my post and yell when I see Bonnie, well to see Abby pulling an unconscious Bonnie. 

"Bonnie!" I yell. Jamie runs to her while holding the shotgun and helps her load Bonnie into the back seat of the car.

Shit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grunt as I move my hands up and down, trying to break the ropes at my hands. I'm so close, I can practically rip myself free if Jamie wasn't watching over us. "I've almost got it." I assure them both.

Jamie walks in. "Abby hasn't called yet."

Elena looks at him with pleading eyes. "Jamie, please, just let us go."

Jamie suddenly cocks his gun. "No! Please don't do anything. Look, I don't know why I shot him, I don't know why I'm holding this gun, but if you move or do anything, I'ma shoot him again."

Elena nods rapidly. "Okay, I won't. Who gave you that gun?" Elena asks, stalling so I can keep at it. "A man came by earlier today, he gave me a wooden buckshot and told me if anyone got in our way, I'm supposed to shoot him."

Elena nods. "What else did he say?"

"If Abby didn't find the location of some coffins, I'm supposed to shoot myself." My eyes widen at this and I go faster with the ropes. "What about me? What did he say about me?"

Jamie has tears in his eyes. "I'm not supposed to hurt you." I sigh and look at them. "Hate to break the moment" I say drawing their attention. "Jamie these ropes are hurting me and I have very sensitive skin" I lie to him, making sure to add a couple of winces in my sentence.

Jamie approaches and when he's close I pull apart my hands hard, making the ropes break. I grab the gun from Jamie before he has time to react and knock him out with the butt.

He falls unconscious and I run to Elena and break her free of the ropes. When she's free she rushes to Stefan. "What can I do to help?" She asks.

Stefan groans and pants. "Every time I move, the wood shifts inside of me. I can feel it scraping against my heart. You need to get the pieces out."

Elena nods and begins to take out the wood pieces.

I let Elena play operation doctor and after tying up Jamie so he wouldn't hurt himself, I leaned against the wooden support beam and kicked at the rocks as I dialed Bonnie.

"Hello?"

"Oh Bonnie thank god! Are you okay?" I questioned with concern. "I'm okay. I am, seriously."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Abby's taking me home, the car keys are inside the house. You and Elena are going to have to drive yourselves home."

I nodded as I looked to Elena who was still digging pieces of wood out from a screaming Stefan. "Noted."

"So good news Bonnie is okay." I informed them after getting off the phone with Bonnie.

"I'll just Uh, wait for you in the car Elena."