The End Of An Affair - 2

"Stefan could live anywhere in Chicago and he chose this?" Elena mutters as we walk down the hall of an old apartment building that probably hasn't been remodeled since the 20's.

"There used to be an all-girls high school around the corner, but it shut down for attendance issues. Weird." Damon said.

"If you're trying to scare me into giving up and going back, it's not going to work." Elena reminds him.

Damon puts his index finger to his lips in a motion to keep quiet, he breaks the lock and opens the door.

"Here we are. Stefan's second personality home."

The apartment was definitely circa the 20's. It still had the same kitchen from that era. It was pretty small, with a few furniture pieces and paintings but they were all covered in dust. Hinting he hasn't been here in years.

"By the looks of this place I'd say no ones been here in years" I mutter, swiping a finger on the kitchen table and was surprised at the amount of dust that came off.

"Tour is not over yet."

He goes toward a wall shelf panel next to the refrigerator, puts his hand to the edge of the panel and pulls. The panel swivels open to reveal a dark back room. Damon motions to it, walks inside, and pulls a light cord which reveals there's a lot of alcohol on shelves against the back wall.

"Stefan hid his alcohol. What a monster." Elena mocked.

"Look harder." 

The two of us frowned and got closer. In the left wall there was a list of names, starting with Giuseppe Salvatore, John Beach, Randy Smith, Danah Leach, Terrilyn Henson, Catherine Marid, Matthew Wagner, Michael Reddinton, Christian David, Dianne Wagner, Ashley Holliday.

Wait, Stefan killed Giuseppe, hold on. Is this what I think it is?

"It's a list of all his victims" I heaved out, with shock.
There are three columns and are about a hundred in number.

"Still handling it?" Damon asked as he walked away.
Elena seems momentarily shocked, then turns around and speaks to Damon.

"What were you doing in the 1920s? Paving the way for women's liberation?" Elena questioned.

"I was around. Chicago's a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and still indulge in a few Daisy Buchanans of my own."

I looked at him in disgust "Where are you going?"

"His old stomping ground. Ariel wanna take my car or yours?" Damon asked, pausing to turn around.

"I'm coming with you." Elena stated.

Damon shook his head "No. You stay here and whip up an actual plan. I'll come back when I find him."

Elena looked towards me. "Ariel! You can't just leave me here!"

I winced. "Elena if Stefan's here, so is Klaus. And he currently thinks your dead. So I don't think it's best for you to be walking around Chicago unless you want him to find and kill you"

She huffed. "I hate you guys"

I smirked "We love you to"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon and I walked inside a Bar called Gloria's and glanced around. It was relatively full, with customers drinking.

"This is where Stefan hung out in the 20's?" I questioned as we walked to the bar. 

"Yup, partied, killed, whatever Rippers do when they're humanly switch is off"

We walked to the bar where an at least 60 year old woman was working, wiping the counter. When she finally turned she put the cloth down and looked at Damon.

"Well, look what the wind blew in. Last I heard, you hated this place."

"Gloria. Damn! If I knew you were going to age like this, I would have stuck around."

"I always did like you better" She said with a smile before glancing at me. "And is this the current blood bag of the month?"

I frowned offended "No, this is a friend, Ariel. She's a hunter. Huntress"

I rolled my eyes at him "I've only killed a few vampires and werewolf's Damon. That barely makes me a hunter"

Gloria chuckled "I think that's the exact definition"

Damon nodded "You should see her in action. She's wicked"

For that I stomped the heel of my foot on his, "How did a young girl like you meet Damon?"

Now it's my turn to chuckle "That is a long story"

"I'll say. A hunter who's friends with Damon Salvatore"

"The hunter who's friends are vampires. Plural"

Damon nodded "Anyway, we're here on business"

Gloria nodded in acknowledgment, turning to the bar shelf behind her.

"I see your brother is still running in the wrong crowd."

"You've seen him?" Damon questioned.

She nodded, turning back with a cup and bottle. "With Klaus. Bad combo"

"You know where they went?"

"They'll be back here later tonight. They're out running a little errand for me."

"Gloria..." She pushes a glass of alcohol towards him across the counter and when she does he places his hand on hers.

"Don't be a tease. What kind of errand?" Damon said.

Gloria chuckled and removed her hand  "I don't think so. You may be cute, but you're still a vampire."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Finally!" Elena exclaimed when we entered the apartment.

"I called you both an hour ago!"

I winced "Sorry" I said with a wince as I handed her one of the bags she packed. 

"Make yourself presentable. We know where Stefan's going to be tonight." Damon said as he sat down. 

"I told you that I was practically discovered by Klaus and you're worried about what I'm wearing?"

"I had an hour to realize what a bad idea it was to leave you here alone, process it, and move on" Damon replied.   "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She said with a nod.

"Okay, good. Get dressed. You're all road-trippy and gross." Damon muttered.

"So you know where he's going to be?" Elena questioned.

I nodded "He's going to be with Klaus at a bar called Gloria's. Damon will distract him while you go talk to him"

"Okay. Thank you."

"But you're going to have about five minutes tops before that hybrid freak rips my heart out. So please, tell me you can do this." Damon questioned her. 

Elena nodded "I can do this."