Brining Out The Dead - 1

"Coffee!" I exclaimed happily as I sauntered into the kitchen, Matt pouring the coffee from the pot into a mug.

"Fresh pot." Matt said as he handed it over and I took it eagerly. "You speak my language."

I sipped on the coffee as I sat at the kitchen table and Matt joined. "Are you working a shift?" I asked him since he looked like he was ready to go out.

"Yeah I am."

"You remember to take the vervain?"

"Yes." Matt said as he took his stuff. "And remember that there are weapons stored in the back of the grill just in case Klaus or any of his hybrids show up"

"I remember." He said as he slipped on his jacket. "Just be careful. I don't trust Klaus not to do anything." I said with concern.

"I'll be fine. Now I gotta go, I'll see you later."

I pursed my lips as he gave me that french goodbye kiss on the cheek. "Be careful!"

"I will!"

With Matt gone the house was now just eerily quiet. "Time for some Criminal Minds."

I plopped down on the couch and pulled up last night's episode. I didn't get a chance to watch it but I did suspect I wouldn't have time so I saved it for the next day which is today.

"No, don't get in the car kid!" I exclaimed as I ate my cereal. Of course, the kid got in the car. "That's the most idiotic shit ever."

As if on cue, my phone started ringing and I let out a groan. "Nooo!!!"

I stubbornly picked up as I put aside my food. "Hello?"

"Remember how I said we had to do something yesterday? Well that's today, so get you ass off the couch and meet me by the old witch house."

I was barely paying any attention as I kept watching Criminal minds, and as it appears, it's the guy who ends up dead, not the kid.

Shit the kids the killer.

"Plot Twist." I said to no one in particular. "Are you even listening to me?" Damon questioned.

I nodded as I turned the TV off, "Yes, yes I am. I'll be there in a few."

"Hurry up."

I grunt as I cut the call, and grumbled as I marched into my room. "Can't even watch a damn show."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You owe me for this." I grumbled to Damon as we trudged through the grass. I wore a black crop top with a red and black plaid shirt and boots, a stake tucked into the back of my pants.

"What why?"

"I'm missing my criminal minds episode."

"Our lives are a criminal minds episode." Damon pointed out and I shrugged. "True."

My phone buzzed and I checked to see it was Elena so I picked up and put her on speaker.

"Hey what's up?"

"Hey. You remember the guy from the council that was killed?"

I nodded, they told me about the guy. Founding family member killed vampire style even though he was human. They also told me how the brunette girl Alarics had been seeing, Meredith, signed off on his death certificate.

"I remember."

"Well he was killed by one of our weapons and my prints are on it."

I frowned, exchanging looks with Damon. "Did you black out or something?"

"What no."

"So you're the prime suspect, huh?" Damon questions as we walk.

"She doesn't think that I did it. She's just trying to find out why somebody used one of my family weapons to kill a council member."

"Well why don't you just ask Ric if his dirty little doctor had access to the weapons." Damon suggested and I gave him a pointed look.

"You're on speaker phone, dick." Alaric retorted.

"I'm just sayin' first suspect's usually the right one. Don't get so defensive."

"Brian Walters was killed days ago, alright? I didn't show Meredith this stuff until last night!" Alaric exclaimed.

"It wasn't Meredith." Alaric argued.

"But Brian Walters was her ex-boyfriend and Ric saw them fighting that night."

"Don't listen to him." I said as I slapped Damon on the back of the head for that and mouthed to him to 'shut up.'

"It's not Meredith! Okay? I refuse to believe that your luck with women is that tragic." Elena said to us and Alaric.

"Who else knows about your secret little slayer stash?" Damon asked.

"Who doesn't? I've got weapons everywhere, here, the school, my loft, your car."

I nodded and added to that, "I have some stashed in the back of the grill, a few in my car, Matt's truck, our house."

Damon scoffed, "It's Klaus. It has to be, he's screwing with us."

"What if it was Stefan? He was crazy that night. And you know he was trying to get underneath Klaus's skin, he was capable of pretty much anything." Elena pointed out, which was most likely.

Damon sighed, "Ahh, makes me nostalgic for the time when Stefan was a bunny snacking pacifist, anyway got to go, you'll know more later."

"Hey, where are you?"

I smiled when I saw Elijah up ahead, "Tea and crumpets with an old pal."

Damon cut the call and fixed his sights on Elijah, who wore a suit and had a new haircut. Made him look more handsome. "Elijah. My favorite Original, back from the dead." Damon said as we walked to him.

"Nice haircut. For someone who's been alive since the dawn of time you clean up nice." I complimented as we stopped in front of him.

Elijah didn't stick with my small talk and reached inside his jacket, "You left something in my jacket pocket." He said as he pulled out a note.

Damon nodded, "Oh, yeah. "Dear Elijah, let's get together, plot the destruction of your brother, XOXO"

"Damon." Elijah finished.

"Look was he right to remove the dagger or are we going to go all Civil war here?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

Elijah nodded, "I'm here, let's talk."

Damon nods, "I'll start with an easy question. Any idea what kind of Klaus-killing weapon could be magically sealed in a mystery coffin?"