Break on through - 3

"Are you still with us? I called out to Alaric who sits on the couch. 

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm still with you." Alaric says groggily. "I'm half-dead too. Neither one of us has slept in two days. Don't worry, I've got coffee on." Meredith tells him. 

"The cups are over there." I say, pointing to the front cupboards and Meredith follows, opening them up and pulling out three pairs of mugs.

 "Looking for something?" Alaric asks as he comes into the kitchen. 

"I don't know where anything is in this house." Meredith says to herself. "It's a good thing you have me." I say as she pours the coffee into the mugs. 

"I'm sorry, I can't remember, do you take cream?" Meredith asks Alaric. "No cream." He responds.  

"I was gonna make sandwiches. I'm starving." I tell them both. "Can I ask you a question?" Alaric asks. 

Meredith looks over her shoulder at him. "No mustard. I hate mustard." 

"Do you ever feel remorse?" Meredith and I frown, and turn to face Alaric.

What was up with that question? 

"I'm sorry?" Meredith questions. "Well,”

Alaric picks up a knife off the counter and walks around the counter, coming closer towards us. 

“You are a council member. And the Council was formed to protect the people of this town from vampires and yet, here you all are, just looking the other way, ignoring your responsibilities.” 

This isn’t creepy at all. Meredith stepped in front of me with the same fear I had that Alaric's alter-ego was talking. 

“Like you and your vampire blood. So I'm asking you, do you ever feel remorse? Because you should." Alaric rushes towards her with the knife and cuts her on her side, I quickly spill the coffee on him and break the mugs on him. 

Meredith grabs me and we rush into the front room and see the tranquilizers are empty. And worse, most of my arrows were broken in half. Dammit. 

We hurried up the stairs but Alaric cut us off. He grabbed my foot and I tripped falling on the stairs. 

“Ariel!” 

I grunt when Alaric stabbed me in the leg with his knife. I let out a small scream as I kicked Alaric across the face and kicked the knife out of his hand which bought me some time to run. 

I limped to the bathroom after Meredith and we hurried to close the doors as fast as we could. 

When Meredith goes to shut the final door, Alaric appears and tries to force the door open.

I hurried and grabbed the pair of scissors on the sink and stabbed it through his hand. Alaric screamed and pulled back, letting Meredith close the door shut. 

"You're hurt." She says, noticing the cut on my leg. 

"I'm fine" I tell her but collapse onto the ground. "Oh hell." Meredith mumbles as she slides down on the counter. 

“Just, hang on.” I grabbed a bunch of towels and wrapped one of them around my leg. I winced when I had to pull it tight across my wound. I took the other towels and put as much pressure as possible on her wound. 

“Elena will get here soon.” 

I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~

When the door breaks open I jump and wince at the pain in my leg, holding up the only weapon I found which was an old candle holder. The lights flipped on Elena and Stefan stood at the door looking on with shock and Stefan like he wanted to go full ripper mode. I can’t imagine why. I’m with an I don’t know how deep cut in my leg, Meredith with a much more deeper cut on her side, also passed out. I had tried to keep as much pressure on it as I could.