Before Sunset - 2

I groaned when I was dropped on the couch in Klaus mansion. “I’d say thank you for the save but I doubt you did it out of the goodness of your heart.” 

“No I didn’t.” A nurse comes into the room, putting an IV line into Elenas arm. “What are you doing?” He pulled up a chair and grabbed me, making me sit. "No," I said when I realized what he was doing. "Klaus stop it." 

I grunt as he tied my hands to the arm rests of the chair. “If Elena dying is the only way to kill Alaric then so be it.” The nurse came over and rubbed my arm with an alcohol wipe. “So you're going to drain her blood to make more hybrids, which will kill Alaric and then you’ll run.” I pieced together as the nurse stuck the needle in me. “So why am I getting probed?” 

“Because,” Klaus grinned. “My hybrids will be hungry, I can’t feed them all of the doppelgängers blood.” 

I can’t believe this. I have to use my card. “You can’t kill me Klaus.” 

"Why shouldn't I?" Klaus asked, standing up and making his way to me. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I explained. "You kill me and you end the Petrova bloodline." Klaus raised his eyebrows in surprise, taken back by the news. "You're lying." He hissed. 

"You're not a Petrova." I scoffed. "Why would I lie? I am Elena's sister. Katherine's great granddaughter.” I still can’t believe I am telling him this. 

“If you kill me you end the bloodline and all you'll be left with are a couple of hybrids. If you don't kill me in a couple hundred years you'll have your doppelganger." 

Klaus tenses, unsure of what to do. I hope he listens. "Fine.” I let out a sigh of relief at his words. Oh thank god.” 

“But you're gonna be useful to me right now." Klaus snapped the nurse and she came over, connecting the IV line to the mystic falls hospital blood bag and it began to flow through. 

"Don't worry, just enough that you won't pass out." Klaus assures. I scowled. 

After two pints and nearly passing out on the spot Klaus relieved me of my blood giving duties. But that doesn’t mean I was done. I sat against the wall of the mansion, with literal chains on my wrists. They weren’t so tight but they only extended a few feet. And even if I could free Elena, who still hasn’t woken up yet, any supernatural ears could hear the chains. 

Elena stirs awake. “Elena.” She looks down to see the nurse inserting a needle into her arm.

"Be careful. Moving only makes it hurt more." The nurse tells her. “Listen to her.” I called out to Elena. She frowned at me sitting on the ground. "What are you doing?" Elena asks in a strained voice to the nurse. 

"Draining you of all your blood." Klaus answers for the woman. He’s been sitting on the couch watching and talking so much it’s driving me nuts. “Tyler?” Tyler walks into the room with a box of Klaus' stuff and stops dead in his tracks when he sees Elena and me. 

"Ariel? Elena?" Oh my god. Tyler puts the box down and walks towards us, I motion my head to Elena so he can free her first. 

"Tyler, help me!" Tyler stops halfway when Klaus calls out to him. 

"He can't. He needs to go fetch me more empty blood bags. About three liters' worth, please Tyler." He doesn’t know he isn’t sired anymore. He’ll blow his cover if he helps us. 

"Tyler, please.” Elena begged. “Get Stefan and Damon, please." 

"No, Tyler, get the bags." Klaus orders. Tyler stands there for a moment, then rushes towards Elena. “Tyler!” Klaus intercepts him before he gets too close. "Forget the girl and get the bags.” He ordered. “Now."