Homecoming - 4

"What...the...hell..." I drew out as the girls and I walked inside the Lockwood manor. The party was strangely well on its way, lights were hung up, there was plenty of of beer to go around, and music blasting from the outside.

"How did he he plan a better party than me so fast?" Caroline questioned in disbelief as she looked at everything.

I shook my head, "Impossible. No one can beat Caroline Forbes at party planning."

"Damn right. Is that a band outside?"

"Who are all these people?" Bonnie wondered at the huge crowd. I slipped my hand into someone's coat as they passed by and got to their wallet.

"I don't know but they are definitely not high school students." I muttered after inspecting the guys license.
"Did you just?" Bonnie questions pointing at the foreign drivers license in my hand.

"What? It's just something I picked up." I defend as I slip the license back inside and tossed the wallet behind me.

Caroline purses her lips as she furrows her brows, "This is weird. Where is Tyler?"

I walked outside, and was more then surprised to actually see a band and the amount of decorations. There is no way Tyler planed this in such little time.

"Stefan!" I called out, after spotting him talking with Tyler.

"Tyler Lockwood you need to answer some questions." I said sternly as I walked to him, Stefan pulled me to his side before I could ambush Tyler with questions. "I wouldn't worry, I have a feeling your questions are going to be answered."

I raised an eyebrow at him, unsure what he meant and was about to ask exactly that when a familiar British accent spoke on the band's microphone.

"Holy mother freaking shit."

"Good evening everyone!" Klaus addressed the crowd. "It's been a long time coming."

..............................

"Matt we are surrounded most likely by Hybrids thanks to Klaus being here. I just need you to be safe." I told him as I slipped some vervain into the punch.

"I'll be fine Ariel."

I scoffed lightly, opening up a beer. "That's what they say in the movies and that's usually the first person who dies."

Matt chuckled and took two beers for him and his date, not Rebekah thank god. Elena. Well...Katherine. 

"Thank you for the concern, but I will be fine. Now if you excuse me, I need to get back to my date." He said and pecked my check and walked away. 

"No fooling around you two!" I yelled after him, taking a drink of my beer.

"You know its not easy for a human to dagger an original."

I exhaled as Klaus came up in front of me with a beer in hand. "I don't know about that, I managed to get Elijah pretty easily."

Klaus chuckled "Right Elijah" I rolled my eyes and drank my beer, looking anywhere but at him. 

"Your a fighter, a warrior like me"

I scowled, "I think Daddy dearest would prefer the term killer in your case."

"How did you manage to dagger him?"

"You can't compel it out of me like Stefan."

"Right of course. Stefan tells me you've killed vampires and werewolfs, including my witch maximof in the past year."

"I didn't know you asked Stefan to do a background check on me." I grumbled as I fiddled with my rings.

"Well I need to know just how much of killer you are."

That's offensive.

I pursed my lips at Klaus and shook my head, "No you see, you're a cold blooded killer. You kill for absolutely no reason. I killed those vampires because they kidnapped and tortured Stefan. I killed those werewolves because they did the same thing to Caroline. And I killed your witch because he was hurting Damon.

You're probably seeing a pattern in this. I will do anything, to save the people I love. I won't string them around with threats of putting daggers in their hearts."

"Feisty. I can see why Stefan likes you."

I have to fight the urge to slap him then and there, but instead, I turned to him all nice and calm like. "With your father dead I assume you'll let Elijah go? When you do I need to speak to him."

"Whatever for?"

"Okay, that's none of your business, that's between your brother and me. But when he does wake up tell him I'll be expecting him. That is if you do wake him up."

I smiled falsely at him before turning on my heels and walking away.

Damon where the hell are you!

"Excuse me" I said as I made my way through the crowd to the front door, "Ariel, we have a problem" I jumped a foot in the air when Tyler appeared out of nowhere.

"God! Ty you scared me!"

"You can be mad at me later, or rather sooner" he muttered as he grabbed me by my wrist and started pulling me to the stairs.

"Ty what the hell is going on?!"

He leads me into his room where Caroline is passed out on the floor.

"What'd you do to her?" I exclaim as I reach down to her.

"It's just vervain. She'll be fine. But I need you to get her out of here as fast as possible."

I stood and faced him, "Tyler what the hell is going on?"

"I should be asking you that. What's going down with klaus?"

"Nothing is going down with Klaus Tyler."

"Your lying. Look this house is full of hybrids like me that can't let anything happen to him." 

I frowned and crossed my arms at him, leaning forward, "What do you mean can't?" 

"I can't explain it. I can't fight against it. I just know that I need to protect him no matter who gets in my way." He exclaims.

"You mean by hurting Caroline?"

"I'm protecting her, Ariel! This is the only way to keep her safe. Please. Just get her out of here safely. Get everyone out."

Shit.