All My Children - 3

“It feels like someone’s inside my head and is playing basketball with my brain.” I groaned as I held the ice bag up to my head as Caroline and I walked to her car. 

“I can give you some vamp blood if you want.” Caroline offered. 

I shook my head, lowering the bag, “No thanks. I’m just going to sleep it off.” 

I reached for the door handle of the passenger side door when a sudden and very sharp pain started in my head.

It felt like something just broke and what seemed like and felt like memories just flooded to the surface. 

I screamed from the pain, clutching my head as I fell to my knees. 

"Ariel!"

..............

“This can’t keep happening anymore,” said Danielle Donovan to her husband who cleaned up glass shards in the kitchen.

“Your work can’t keep following you home.” 

“I know.” James Walker said as he swooped the shards up and threw them in the trash.

“We have a daughter James, vampires can’t just crash through our kitchen window like it's a normal tuesday!” 

James sighed, putting away the broom and entered the living room to sit on the couch opposite of his wife. “You know I can’t help it.” 

Danielle sighed leaning back into the couch, “I know. Which is why- I’ve been doing some deep thinking.” 

It took everything in her to say the words, while she did love him, she had to think about their daughter and her safety.

“I want a divorce.” 

.........

I gasped, falling into Caroline who was behind and gasping as well. I must have opened my mind when those memories came back, she must have seen that.

“Was that-“ Caroline asked as she steadied me up, the pain subduing. 

“Your dad?” 

I didn’t know what to say, the woman I recognized. That was my mother, she looked a bit younger. But that man, tall with blue eyes, I didn’t know. But she said ‘our daughter’ and divorce so does that mean he's My father?

I shook my head slightly at her, not sure what to say to that. “I have no idea.” 

I got to my feet, holding onto the car for support. “I need you to call your mom.”

“My mom?” Caroline questioned as we got in the car. “Why do you want me to call her?” 

“Because my aunt Kelly is never going to come back to answer my questions, both of Elena's parents are dead.
Abby hasn’t been around since we were 3 so she couldn’t possibly know anything, your mom is the only one I can ask about this.” 

Caroline opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by my phone ringing.

“One second,” I said as I picked it up and since it was Stefan probably calling about Elena I put him on speaker. 

“Hey I’m with Caroline. What happened?” 

How fast can you and Caroline get here?” 

Care and I exchanged glances, “What happened?”

The only way to stop Esther was to sever her connection by making one of the Bennett witches no longer a witch.” 

Wait, does that- does that mean?

“What did you two do?” Caroline asked, her voice trembling with worry.

“Damon killed Abby, she’s in transition.” 

Oh Bonnie. 

Caroline immediately turned the car on and in less then a second she was exiting the parking lot, "We're on our way." 

With Caroline's ridiculously fast driving we managed to get to the old witch house rather quickly, the three of them were waiting outside, Bonnie apart from Stefan and Damon. 

Caroline and I ran up to Bonnie and wrapped her up in a hug and as soon as we did she began crying. "It's okay," I said as soothingly as possible as she cried into us. "It's okay." 

~~~~~~~~~

The two of us took Bonnie, and Abbys body back to Caroline's house. Bonnie didn't want to leave her mom's side so she was with her right now in the bedroom just waiting for her to wake up. 

I grabbed the cups of coffee I made for Bonnie, Care and I and balanced them all the way to her bedroom. I guess working at the grill does pay off. 

As I stepped out into the hallway I saw Elena standing at the door, I glanced at Bonnie and went in the room, setting down the coffee. 

"Bonnie, Elena's here." 

She lifted her head up, looking out the door even though she couldn't see her from here. "I don't want to see her." 

Caroline and I exchanged glances, deciding not to pressure her about it.

"Okay." 

I took a breath as Care and I opened the front door but we stood in front of Elena's way. "How is she?" 

“She doesn’t want to see you.”

“Please, just let me talk to her.” Elena begged. 

“Abby's in transition." Caroline told her, "It's going to be really hard over the next few days and if Bonnie needs some time to deal then I think you should give it to her.” 

“She's always been there for me, you guys. Please. Let me just be there for her too.” Elena pleaded with us. 

I sighed and shook my head, “I'm sorry, Elena. But you have to respect her decision." 

Caroline nodded, "We know that you want to help, but put yourself in her shoes. Everything that happened tonight was to save you and that's okay because she loves you. So much. But somehow she's always the one who gets hurt.” 

She's right. We take her for granted so much. Without her most of us would be dead. 

Elena finally nodded understandingly but she had tears in her eyes, “You know, you're right. I just...just tell her that I love her, okay?” 

I nodded, “Of course we will."