Disturbing Behavior - 2

The lawns of the mansion are filled with people sitting at tables at the party. Elena, Caroline and I are sitting apart from the party on a bench. Bonnie joins us with her grimoire.

"I have an identification spell that might be able to tell me what magic affected the necklace." Bonnie explains as she sits down next to Caroline and Elena gives her her necklace.

"It's going to take a while, so tell me if anyone's coming, okay?" I nod and glanced around.

"So you two are not, like, switching Salvatore's, are you?" Caroline asks out of nowhere.

My eyes widened and so did Elena's eyes widen in shock at the question. "What?"

Bonnie looks up from the grimoire. "Caroline..."

Caroline turns to her. "Stay focused" she ordered before looking back at us.

"As your friend who worries for you daily, what is the deal with you and Damon?"

Elena shakes her head. "There is no deal. He's been just as focused on finding Stefan as I have."

Caroline nods unconvinced. "Yeah, but that doesn't make him any less Damon. If my own father, who I love dearly, can't change me. No one's changing Damon. Not even you."

Elena sighs. "Look, why are we even talking about this?"

Caroline waves her hands "Right. Now what about you and Stefan?" Caroline directed at me which made me mildly uncomfortable.

"Nothing. Caroline this is ridiculous we aren't switching Salvatore's"

Care made a face, "I'll believe it when I see it"

"Hey guys." Bonnie calls out cutting us off.

The necklace starts levitating and rising slowly in the air.

"What are you doing?" I ask with a frown as it floats over her lap.

Bonnie shakes her head, "I'm not doing anything. It has its own magic."

"Did Stefan ever tell you where he got the necklace?" I ask Elena as Caroline, her and I walk to the door.

Elena shakes her head. "No. And I never asked. Hopefully Bonnie will be able to figure it out."

"Please tell me it's time to go." Alaric mumbles as he joined us,

Elena nods. "Beyond. Where's Damon?"

Caroline stops in front of us. "Probably off somewhere doing bad things to good people. Consider me the honest police."

Suddenly she looks upset.

"What is it?" I asked, noticing how she just froze.

"What the matter?" Caroline shudders. "It's my dad."

Me, Elena and Alaric turn around and see Bill in the adjoining room.

"Why would he even show up here?" Elena questions, Caroline shrugs. "I don't know. But I can't..."

I nod at her. "I get it. We'll call you later."

Caroline nods and rushes out.

"Okay, what was that all about?" Alaric asks.

Elena looks over his shoulder at Cares dad. "Speaking of doing bad things to good people..."

As soon as we left, Damon rushed out of the mansion and ran after us "Wait, wait, Houston, we have a problem." He calls out.

"Where have you been?" I ask.

Damon walks beside us. "Managing Bill Forbes. Apparently he's impervious to compulsion."

Alaric frowns in confusion "How?"

Damon shakes his head, "I have no idea. But he threatened to out me. Don't get me started on the irony of that."

Elena looks at him. "What did you do to him? How do you know the compulsion doesn't work?"

Damon looks at us. "That's not the most important piece of information I mentioned, Elena."

"What does he want?" Alaric asks.

Damon quickly explains. "He wants to control the council. Says it's been compromised"

"It has!" Alaric argues. "He wants to put vervain in the town's water supply."

Elena purses her lips in thought. "Maybe it's not a bad idea. I mean, it'll help you keep yourself in control now that Stefan's not here to..."

Damon stops and spins to her. "To what? To keep me in check? Make me behave? I should have killed him this morning."

"He's Caroline's dad, Damon." I argue back.

Damon nods, "Yeah, and when I kill him, she'll have one more parent than we do."

"Oh, come on, Damon!" Alaric says stepping in his path.

"You're repeatedly killing my buzz today, Ric. Step aside." He orders.

"Yeah, it's not going to happen."

Damon looks away before back at him. "Your temporary funeral."

He kills Alaric by breaking his neck.

"Alaric!" I exclaimed in shock as he dropped down.

"Damon, no! What is wrong with you?!" Elena yells at him before he stalks away.

I groaned in exasperation as I watched Damon stalk away. "Go after Elena. I got this" I said motioning to Alaric.

She nodded and rushed after him.

I sighed and looked down at Ric, clasping my hands as I looked around to make sure no one else was around.

"Okay"

I bent down and grabbed Alaric by the arm, struggling a bit to get his body up. I stumbled a bit since he was heavy as he pretty much fell against me.

I reached with my free hand inside my purse and pulled out a pair of shades, putting them on him. Just in case anyone saw, they'd see the image of me dragging the drunk uncle back home.

Considering Kelly, it wouldn't be a stretch to anyone who saw me dragging him.

"Come on drunk uncle. Let's get you home"