The Hybrid - 1

I knock on the door to Alaric's apartment and wait for Alaric to open up. Elena and I wanted him to tell us everything he knew about his investigation on Stefan with Damon.

 I didn't tell Elena anything about the phone call last night, or what happened more than two months ago.

 But she was determined more than ever to find Stefan. And since Damon wasn't cooperating (for obvious reasons) Alaric was our next choice.

I knocked once more and Alaric responded. "Go away, Damon!" He yells from inside, I huff and knock again.

This time he opens and from his face he wasn't expecting us.

"Hi." I said as he fixed his pants.

"You're, uh...not who I expected."

"I need you to tell us what you know about Stefan and Tennessee." I stated.

Alaric squares his shoulders and proceeds inside. "Did you miss the part where I checked out of all this?" He asks. "Come on, Ric" Elena says as she closes the door. "Whatever Damon knows, you know."

"Ask Damon."

I sigh at him. "Yeah, but Damon's not exactly in the mood to help right now."

Alaric turns to us, "For good reason. Because it's not safe for either of you. Stefan's off the rails."

Elena argues back. "Yeah, but he can still be saved."

"And why do you have to be the one to save him?" Alaric asks.

"Because I'm not the kind of person who checks out. Look, he would never give up on me. I'm not gonna give up on him. Tell me what you know, Ric. Please."

Alaric sighs and gives in. "They've been tracking werewolves, he and Klaus. All over the eastern seaboard. We thought we had'em outside of Memphis..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A lot of us like to keep to ourselves for the full moon, chain ourselves up. But there are some werewolves that like to gather in places where they don't have to do that, where they can enjoy it." Tyler explains.

We were at the grill, according to Ric, Klaus and Stefan have been tracking werewolves. Most likely to create Hybrids like Klaus. So, who better then to ask about werewolves, then a werewolf?

"What kind of places?" I ask, curiously.

"Mountains, state parks, deserts, that kind of stuff."

"Anywhere in Tennessee?" Elena asks.

Tyler nods. "Yeah. Here. Give me your phone. I'll try to pull up a map."

I give him my phone and he starts to work.

Elena smiles at him. "Thanks for this. I know it's asking a lot."

Tyler nods. "As Caroline likes to remind me, Stefan's in this mess because I bit Damon. I figure I owe you one. Have you talked to her today?"

I shake my head, "I haven't seen Caroline since the party. Why?"

Tyler shakes his head. "Just curious. Here." He says giving my phone back.

"That's your best bet."

"Thanks Ty" I say as Elena gets up, I quickly give Tyler a kiss on the check before joining Alaric and Elena.

"Did you get anything?" He asks us.

I nod. "How do you feel about a little hike through the Smoky Mountains?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

Alaric raises a brow. "You wanna hunt down a pack of werewolves on a full moon?"

Elena frowns. "We'll be out of there before the moon is full. If you don't come with us, we're going by ourselves." She says as we start getting up. At that Alaric slammed a hand down on the counter.

"What? You're the one who told us that we could handle things on our own now."

Alaric falters over his next words. "Yea, I meant like frozen dinners and SATs" Elena gives him a look. "A-all right fine. Let's just...Let's just go. But, uh, you're driving."