Ghost World - 3

Lexi led us to the old Forbes cellar where Stefan was tied to a chair and sleeping with his head bowed.

He was chained and I'm guessing had vervain in his system.

"Klaus really did a number on him, huh?" Lexi said as she looked over her friend.

I nodded "He made him turn off his humanity"

I vividly remember that night. I thought as I absentmindedly rubbed my neck.

"Well, we're just going to have to convince him to turn it back on. I have to warn you, it's not going to be pretty." Lexi warns she.

Elena nods "We can handle it."

Lexi nods and kicks at Stefan "Wake up, sleepyhead."

"How you feelin'?" She asked as he awoke, lifting his head slowly.

He looks at the chair and the chains and struggles with the restraints.

"What is this? Let me out of here!" Stefan demands angrily.

Lexi holds up a hand "Shh. Inside voices, please. I'm trying to get inside your head."

Stefan glances at me "Ariel, get rid of her, please."

I fake pouted "Hm let me see. How about...no"

Lexi nodded with a smile "First step, drying him out. Starve away the blood lust. Strip away the temptation."

"This isn't going to work, Lexi. You can't do this." Stefan said to her with a scowl.

"You heard the not pretty part?" Lexi said turning to us.

"We heard you"

Lexi leans in front of him and looks Stefan in the eyes.

"What are you doing?" Stefan demanded to know.

"What are you doing, Lexi?!"

"Doing what I do best, sweetness. I'm saving your life."

My phone buzzed and I hissed at the sound, pulling it out and answering.

"Yes?"

"Mermaid! You, me, Mason, cellars let's go"

I frowned, putting a hand on my hips. "I'm sorry did you just say Mason?"

"Yes I did"

I was about to ask what he meant by cellars when Stefan screamed. I held up a finger to them and stepped away so I could hear him better.

"What do you mean cellars?"

"I'll explain when your here"

"And you need me why?"

"It's Mason and I don't trust he won't leave me in here"

"Right sure"

"What are you doing with Stefan? Getting your freaky on?" He teased.

"Oh my god, stop talking. I'll be there in a bit"

"Great. Make sure to use protection!"

"Damon-!" I was about to tell him off before he so rudely cut the call.

I grunt in exasperation as I slipped my phone in my back pocket and re-entered the cell.

"Damon needs me. Masons back."

Elena nodded as Lexi walked around Stefan and he kept screaming. "It's okay. You can go, we've got this"

I was hesitant to leave but I didn't trust Mason not to do something to Damon so I left for the old Lockwood cellar.

"Finally" Damon exclaimed as I approached, stepping over twigs on the ground. "Here" he said holding a shovel towards me.

I frowned at it but took it "What's this for?"

"I don't know" Damon said as he went in and I quickly followed.

 "You said you were gonna explain when I got here" I said as I caught up to him.

"Well, Mason will"

"Lovely"

Mason is lighting a lantern when the two of us meet him deeper inside the cellar.

"I'm surprised you showed." Mason said before he tilts his head at me.

"I said come alone" He scolds.

I plastered a fake smile on my face, "You did? Sorry. Damon might look young but he's really old and fragile. He must be developing hearing problems."

Damon hits me in the back of the head and I hissed at him. 

"Ow!" 

Mason rolls his eyes and stands. "Now you put a snag in my only other Klaus lead. So I'd say I'm highly motivated and not stupid enough to come alone." Damon told him.

"Well he was stupid enough to almost have"

Damon shoved me to the side. "Not helping"

Mason rises and hands me one of the two lanterns.

"Mikael? Yeah. That didn't turn out so great, did it?"
Damon frowns, "How do you know so much?"

Mason approaches a wall of bricks. "There's not much to do on the other side but sit around and watch other people screw things up."

"What are we looking for?" I asked.

"There's an old Lockwood family legend about a weapon that can kill an Original vampire. Like the rest of their secrets, they kept it buried." He starts to hit a brick wall with the shovel but it doesn't work.

"Oh, come on, give me the thing. Move." Damon orders taking the shovel.

He takes the shovel and uses his vampire strength to break the wall. Soon he's broken a hole in it and we stick our heads in with the lantern through to see what's on the other side.

"Go for it." Mason says as we peer into the whole.

"You first." Damon replies.

Mason looks at him. "What, you think I'm leading you into a trap?"

"The thought crossed my mind."

"Alright move princesses" I scold as I push past them and go inside.

I wave my hands in front of me as I looked back at them. "See? No traps. Get your asses in here"