Smells Like Teen Spirit - 2

"I need a coffee" I muttered to Elena as I opened up my locker. "You had coffee in the morning" Elena reminds me as she leans on the locker next to mine.

"Well I need another one that's extra caffeinated to get me through the rest of the day"

"It's not gonna be so bad"

I was about to argue on that before my phone rang, I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that the name read "Damon"

I held it up to Elena as I gave her a look before answering the phone.

I put it on speaker as I placed it inside my locker "Hey Damon" I say as I stuff some books into my locker.

"Yeah. So...You might not want to come here for a while. We have a new housemate. Barbie Klaus."

Elena looks stunned at what she hears. "Rebekah? How did she get inside the house?"

"I don't know, she's an original and she probably used some vampire tricks. She's stranded. Apparently Klaus left her in the dust after I name-dropped Mikael."

I gave Elena an 'I told you so' look. "Exhibit A" I hissed in her direction, Elena shook her head at me before talking back to Damon "What about Stefan? What is he up to?"

"Oh, you know Stefan. Journaling, reading, shaping his hair."

Elena rolls her eyes. "Come on, Damon. I can handle it. What?"

"Is that the bell? Oh...Ring! Ring! Don't want to be late!" Damon lies and cuts the call.

I sigh and put my phone away and see Caroline putting up a flyer on the wall which says "Spirit Squad Back-to-school Bonfire."

I closed my locker as we walked to her. "I forgot about the bonfire." Elena says.

Caroline looks at her with wide eyes. "You have to go. It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year." Caroline exclaims.

"Relax, Caroline. We'll be there." I assure her and she takes a deep breath.  "Thank you. It's just that..." Caroline gets cut off by Tyler when he appeared and went in for a kiss.

"Happy first day" I frowned at his shirt, noticing something red. "Is that blood?" I question.

Carolines eyes widen. "Oh my God!" Caroline grabs Tyler and they go into the boys' restroom and Elena and I follow them in. "What's going on?!" Tyler asks in confusion.

"Vampire 101...don't wear your breakfast to school!" Caroline scolds him and slaps his arm.
Elena and I check out the stalls to make sure no one is there while Caroline and Tyler keep arguing.

"Chill out. It was just a blood bag." Tyler says in defense.  "From where?" I ask him.

"Rebekah hooked me up." Tyler explains.

Carolines eyes widen. "Rebekah? And what are you even talking to her for?"

"Klaus told her to keep a watch on me. Protect his new asset."

Caroline scoffs. "His what? Why are you amused by this?"

"I'm his first successful hybrid, Caroline. Don't you think that's the tiniest bit awesome?"
Caroline scoffs, "Oh, wow! I cannot believe you just said that."

I coughed into my palm. "So, we're just gonna go. Good luck." Elena leaves first as I grab a couple of paper towels and hand them to Tyler before leaving.

"Let go of me, Stefan." Is what I hear Elena say when I step out of the bathroom and see Stefan has her by the arm. "Elena, do you think I want to be a senior for the 100th time? No. But if I don't have a choice in the matter, then neither do you."

"I said let go of me."

"Stefan let her go" I bark at him.

Alaric walks up behind us. "Let her go." Stefan pushes him against the locker, earning a couple of glances.

"Stefan, stop it!" Elena tells him.

Stefan looks at Alaric. "You're not gonna want to get in my way. Okay Ric? I will see you three in history." He says as he lets him go and looks at the three of us.

Before history class Alaric, Elena and I closed ourselves in his classroom to talk about Stefan.
"What the hell is he doing here?" Alaric asks us as he sits in his desk.

Elena quickly explains. "Klaus compelled him to watch over me. Apparently I'm one of Klaus's assets now that my blood is the only way to create a hybrid."

Alaric scoffs. "Now he's a bodyguard?"

"We don't know what he is. But he's definitely not Stefan." I say to him before looking to Elena "Exhibit B"

"Are you gonna keep doing that every time something bad happens?" she questions with a raised eyebrow.

I nodded "That's the plan"

The school bell rings and some of the students enter so Elena lowers her voice.
"Look, his being here is not good for any of us. We have to do something." The three of us nod and Elena and I go to our seats.

I sat next to her and smiled at Caroline when she entered and took a seat on Elenas left.

"Hey you!" I avoided Stefenas gaze when he entered

"You're in my seat." I turned my head to see Stefan looming over the kid next to me who  took his stuff and moved to another seat.

Stefan ginned at me as he took his new seat next to me and I turned to look at Elena and Caroline who shared the same look.

Alaric has written "AP AMERICAN HISTORY" on the blackboard in chalk as he turned back to face the class.

"Welcome back, seniors. Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founders...the Native Americans."

"What about the Vikings?" She asks as she sits. She takes a seat at a desk. Me, Tyler, Caroline and Elena look at her.

Alaric chuckles. "There's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States. Who are you?"

Rebekah purses her lips, resting her chin on her hand.

"My name's Rebekah. I'm new. And history's my favorite subject."