The New Deal - 3

"How is he?" Damon asked as he entered the house, spotting Alaric's temporarily dead body was on the couch.

I sigh and rake a hand through my hair. "We can't do anything but wait now. He had his ring when Klaus hybrid from the grill ran him over."

Damon looks over at Jeremy. "Jeremy, why aren't you wearing vervain? Where is your bracelet?"

Jeremy looks down at his hand, we're the bracelet should have been. "I don't know."

"It was Tyler! It had to have been. That's why he was hanging out with you. To get you off the vervain." Elena pieced together.

"Klaus is trying to send us a message. He wants us to find Stefan who stole his coffins full of his dead family members." Damon says.

Elena and I look at each other in shock. "Coffins?"

Damon nods. "Yep! So all we have to do is find four coffins and voilà! No one else on your family's Christmas list needs to die!"

"Wait- that's your big plan?" Jeremy questioned as he stood. "To steal back four dead originals so this evil hybrid doesn't kill me and everyone else we know?"

Damon shrugs. "You got a better idea?"

Jeremy nods. "Yeah! Let's get the hell outta here! Pack our bags and go!"

Elena reaches for her brother. "Hey, Jeremy, calm down."

Jeremy pulls away. "No, no!! I'm not gonna calm down, Elena! This happens every time, no matter what we do! Get on my case about school and work...Who cares? None of us are gonna make it out of this town alive."

"Jeremy-" I started before he stormed off into his bedroom.

"He said he wants his family back." Elena comments, making me and Damon almost yell at her.

"No! No!!! I know what you're thinking. The answer is no!"

"If we give him Rebekah..."

"Yeah, then Klaus un-daggers her, the first thing she does is kill you! Frying pan, fire. Not an option!"

I look up at Damon. "Klaus's coffins...How many did you say they were?"

"hey!" Bonnie says when she answers, Elena and I walked outside of the house to call her.

"Klaus is looking for four coffins, just like in your dream. Guessing it's not just stress?" I tell her.

"Elena, Ariel, don't get involved. Whatever Klaus wants, stay as far away from it as you can."

Elena shakes her head. "Klaus won't let me. Bonnie, he tried to kill Jeremy."

"What do you want me to do?"

"We need to find Stefan. Look, I know that you don't think that your locator spell still works, but we have to at least try."

"You don't need a locator spell..."

....................

Elena went with Damon to the old witch house to find the coffins and Stefan. Apparently, he didn't skip town. He's been here all along, with the coffins of Klaus dead-ish family members.

I heard a groan come from the living room so I quickly made my way there seeing Ric rise to his feet. "Hey your back!" I exclaimed as I helped him steady himself. "Yeah and better than ever" He jokes as the front door opened.

"Ric, hey! When did you return to the living?" Elena asked as she made her way over.

Alaric groans. "Oh just a few minutes ago. How is Jeremy?"