📷 My Muse || Chapter Sixteen

"You." I hissed. 

Ray trotted out casually from amongst the trees. 

"That's the first word you've said to me in a month." He laughed, sitting on the short fence. "To what do I owe the honor?" 

As much as I despised him, Ray was still someone I care about. He deserved to live. I glanced at Norman, giving him my approval. 

"Ray," he started, voice low and hushed. "We're planning to escape." 

The black haired boy didn't look surprised. He sighed in relief, as if he was holding back for a very long time. "Okay. What's the plan?" 

Emma, who was still holding me had finally let go, glaring at Ray coldly. She remembered what he did to me. She remembered how he locked me away. 

"Norman, I don't trust him." Her voice was cold and distant. "He took y/n away. He hurt her." 

Ray laughed maniacally, staring at me straight in the eyes. "Did I, y/n? Did I hurt you?" He stepped closer and closer to me, my knees still sprawled on the floor. Norman watched uncomfortably, holding Emma back. "This is their business to deal with, Emma. We have to focus on saving ourselves first." Emma started to cry, Norman pulling her into a hug. 

He glared at Ray one final time. "If you hurt her... I will kill you myself." 

He flashed me a reassuring smile and took Emma away. 

"y/n." Ray held out his hand. "You're going to get dirty." 

I shoved him away, attempting to get up on my own. I tripped on my own skirt, falling back to the ground. Ray giggled. "Are you sure you don't need me?" He held his hand out again, and I hesitantly took it. "Can we talk?" He asked. I looked at his face. He looked sad, confused, angry. I did not trust Ray. But I trusted his rage. He knew as well as I that Connie was dead. 

We walked around the forest, following the weak excuse of a fence. 

I hadn't fully processed it before but Ray was 17. He walked alongside me, but he was a good foot taller, and his body was thin and toned well. Over the years he had gotten really, really handsome. I just forgot how much he could make my heart beat after he became the villain. 

"y/n, why aren't you saying anything?" He playfully nudged my shoulder. I kept my eyes glued to the ground. I wasn't ready to speak to him. 

"If I explain everything, will you talk to me again?" I shrugged in response. Did I even want to know anything? All I do know is that he looked at me like I was something to be used. It scared me. 

"I'll tell you anyways." He said, sighing deeply. "The first thing I want you to know is... that I love you." I felt my cheeks flush pink. Even though he hurt me so much... why does my heart beat so much faster when he says that? "Do you remember the first night we spent together? I woke you up from a nightmare and I brought you to the room." He chuckled painfully. "You're still the only person who knows about that place." 

My feelings for him returned with every word he spoke. He slipped his hand into mine, intertwining our fingers. "E-Everytime we held hands... My heart started to beat faster. You make me go crazy, y/n." He pulled me into his chest, holding my hand to his mouth. He kissed my palm over and over again, slipping in warm licks in between. My face blushed a complete tomato red. 

"I want to make you go crazy too."