🖤 Ray #3 || EXTRA 🖤

Months into our journey, the gray cave suddenly broke into a green forest. "But we're going down?" I questioned, touching the leaves. How could a plant live without sunlight and water? It was bizarre, but so was everything else in this world. But all that matters is finding her.

"What do you like about her?" Yuugo asked. It was time for a rest, heavy bags underneath both our eyes. We climbed a large tree, finding a nice little spot in between branches. I thought about the question. "Everything." I replied, pulling my blue scarf up. I didn't want him to see me blush.

"You know what I like about you, Cyclops? Absolutely nothing. Be more specific." He made me chuckle. How could I even begin to explain? "I love her laugh, her jokes, how well we get along. How well I thought we got along. I was so comfortable around her. She made me feel... warm inside. When all I ever felt was cold." He scoffed, nudging me. "Dramatic, aren't you?" "Mhm."

I missed her so much.

"She's dead." A boy named Nigel had buried his face into his hands, sobbing. "We left her there, and now she's dead. This is all my fault. I'm a fucking coward. I killed y/n."

My heart broke. I heard it break, some shattering noise ringing in my head. If I was just a little bit earlier, if we had traveled a little bit faster... Why am I always too slow? A boy in a white headband burst into the room, glaring at Yuugo and I. "You. You look like a medic. Help me." I was confused, my legs mindlessly walking me into the conjoining room. Another young man with white hair was laying on a table, a shard of rock lodged into the right side of his chest. I helped him operate on the wound, gently pulling it out and stitching the cut closed. He thanked me. "My name is Zack. I'm going to assume you're here to help, so you can go outside."

Emma had woken up from her nap, all of her wounds dressed. She was frowning. "Somebody get Zack! She's hurt." Nigel's eyes were wide open, and everyone in the room looked like they'd seen a ghost. A girl was standing in the middle, bloody, pale, but familiar. She stumbled to the ground, the giant gash on her left leg becoming visible. Her knee was discolored, and bruised. Like it has been injured before. I rushed to her side, helping her up. She was weak, tired, so fucking hurt. She immediately fell onto my chest, coughing. Out of nowhere, she jerked up, looking at me with these glistening eyes. Those eyes I've looked at my entire life. "I-It can't be..." Her morphed expression quickly turned into a small smile, booping my nose. "Hey."

She was so disheveled... but she was still so pretty. She was glowing, smiling, like a light even through all this pain. "Y-You look..." "Like a mess?" She finished my sentence, but I shook my head no. "Beautiful." She looked beautiful.

I walked into the other room, looking for the supplies to treat her. "Who came?" Zack asked, wrapping the last bit of bandage on Oliver's shoulder. "y/n." I replied, reaching for a bottle of alcohol. But Zack was faster, immediately grabbing rolls of bandage, snatching the bottle from right in front of me. "W-Where the hell were y-you-!?" He cried, kneeling in front of her. "What the fuck were you doing? Fighting Bayon on your own?" She sighed. "It's... good to see you too?" I watched him open the bottle of antiseptic, pouring it over her leg. She winced, tears in her eyes. He apologized, but she said it was nothing. His face was shadowed, wrapping her up. I knew that look better than anyone. He wouldn't let her fight anymore. "At least have a drink before you go." But she pushed it away, saying something to him. He clicked his tongue, taking a mouthful. What was he doing?

Oh. He pushed her back, cupping her cheeks like he'd done it thousands of times before. He pressed his lips onto hers, his tongue inside of her mouth. Though she protested, it was probably because of the medicine he was giving her.

This boy... did she love him? Why did he kiss her so nonchalantly? She didn't seem like she hated the idea of it either... Ugh, I shouldn't get jealous, I can't get jealous! I did this to myself.

She looked so sad. So powerless. He apologized again, pulling her into a tight hug. "You traitor!" She cried, punching him. He apologized, tilting her head upwards, giving her a soft, real kiss. One that I'd given her many times before. But not anymore.

She fell to her side, trying to grab Zack's shirt. He was biting his cheek, turning to the rest of us. "Ray. Stay here. If you care about her at all, you wouldn't let her go. Get her home, get her out."

Yuugo gave me that look, following him. "Yikes." He whispered to me, nudging my elbow.

She's so beautiful, even when she's sleeping. Why were you always having nightmares, y/n? Why do you always look like you can't have a good night's rest? I held her hand, watching her rest. When she woke up, she asked me if I would stop her. I've done enough of that already. All I can do now is support her. She cried for him, that Zack boy. She looked like she truly cared about him, kissing his forehead, singing and holding his hands. If I was dying, would she do the same?

Hey, y/n.

You know I would die for you, right?

This life... My life... It felt like a curse until I met you. I was the child of a murderer. The product of betrayal and selfishness. But you changed me. Your face, always smiling, always brave. Always giving everything your all. I love you. I always have. So if I die here, please don't cry. I wanted to do this for you.

Her eyes were wet, blood running down her lips. She was crying my name, holding my cheeks. I started to feel cold. So cold.

Why are you so cute? Even when you're crying? The tears bring out your eyes.

I want to start over, y/n. Can we try again? In our next life?

Goodbye, my one and only love.